PDA

View Full Version : Need your opinions

suzi_f
07-25-2007, 11:38 AM
Apparently, it's not just a missing muse: I am totally w/o talent!! I have coordnating papers, cools stamps but NO IDEAS!!! I found this stamp that I loved. Usually, that's all I need to get my mojo going. Something is wrong here. It was hard to put this card together & somethings just not right. Any ideas??

Erin K
07-25-2007, 11:42 AM
I like it. I am not a master of patern paper, so I'm not sure if I'd have that much, but folks do and it looks great. I would probably ink the edges of the stamped portions with the pink ink I stamped with. and ink the whole background piece with gray. I usually feel when things don't look pulled together to me that inking helps. Especially on patern paper. I don't know why I think that.

But it IS cute and you are NOT without talent.

Christie
07-25-2007, 11:47 AM
I think it looks pretty but I think it needs a grounding color. There isn't a place for you eyes to land. Does that make sense?

cindi
07-25-2007, 12:01 PM
I thin k if you8 ink the edges with the pink it will make the pinks pop, and that will draw the eye to the foacal pint, which is that adorable stamp!!!
I love the pretty papers too
:)

ellie
07-25-2007, 12:08 PM
I love the paper - and the card. How about a piece of ribbon?

suzi_f
07-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Ok, this is what I'm saying! Y'all can just look at it & say it needs grounding, it needs a focal point. I've been doing this stuff for like 7 years (s/b & cards) and I guess I just don't get it!!! Is that an art thing? Is it a balance thing? (I'm a libra, I'm supposed to be balanced!!) I knew I didn't get the color & highlight thing but I'm starting to realize that maybe I can't do ANY of it!

I had a card that I wasn't sure of, seemd "off". I took it to my S/B store & the lady there said "of course you don't like it, it's not YOU." She knew what my style was and I didn't!!!! What is wrong with me?!?!?! Now I'm bummed. I'm gonna go eat the entire bag of Reese's Peanut Butter cups!!

teabear
07-25-2007, 12:24 PM
Nah, don't eat the reeses. We all have cards that just don't work. When it happens to me, I go to my standard fix. My suggestion is to add something soft and something hard. It can be a loopy brad with a ribbon tied on the loop or a piece of rickrack running under the image with a brad on the tag sentiment. It can take many forms, but one hard thing and one soft thing makes alot of cards work for me when nothing else does. That's my big trick up my sleeve...LOL

mcourtney
07-25-2007, 12:30 PM
Here's what I see. Patterned paper tends to distract, crying for attention of it's own. So when using patterned background paper, the "focal point" of your card has to stand out on its own or have help in drawing the eye towards it. It make it stand out on its own, try stamping the flowers and sentiment in a darker color, such as the same color as the darker flowers on your background paper. That will tie everything together and give the image its own ground to stand on. Inking the edges of your image piece will draw the eye toward the image helping to draw the image out. Does this make sense?

JMO,

hbpuppy
07-25-2007, 12:32 PM
Back away from the pb cups. I think your card is reallly pretty. I love the pattern papers you mixed and the color combo. Don't worry about the technical terms. I just add stuff until my cards work for me. If you think it needs a little something just do a little something. even a little staple in the left top corner of the image or a little loop of ribbon on the sentiment to make it look like a tag or inked edges might be the little something.

Last week I started a card and didn't finish it until this week. But, I like how it turned out.

ccstampin12
07-25-2007, 12:32 PM
OOOOHHH!
I love the stamp and the papers.....I'd suggest a piece of ribbon tied in a loose knot and use a sticky dot to adhere to the card just below the stamped image. Maybe use a corner rounder on the stamped piece of paper.
I do know how you feel, though....there are many times when I doubt myself. I think it just happens, and you'll be back to your old creative self in no time!
HUGS
Joanie

logcabincreations
07-25-2007, 12:36 PM
You're being too hard on yourself....I think it's pretty.

shuggy
07-25-2007, 01:37 PM
i love it.

toao
07-25-2007, 03:48 PM
I too think it's a lovely card. It just needs an added embellishment like ribbon, or buttons or something simple like that.

Mary

hutchink
07-25-2007, 04:02 PM
Well I think that it is GREAT! Are muse lets us down every once in a while!

PB cups are tempting- maybe a few will help the whole bag might be a little over kill! te he he...but I can't open a bottle of wine without drinking the whole darn thing....so what ever will make you happy!

~K

JBgreendawn
07-25-2007, 04:21 PM
I love that pp. that is a hard stamp to me, i have only used it once... but i am thinking maybe just a little more contrast on the stamped image part, ( my fall back on this is a) ink all edges like Erin mentioned and B) when all else fails add lots of bling bling stickles anywhere it occurs to you... :)

kerry
07-25-2007, 05:06 PM
I think the PP and the stamp is really pretty. I would like to see the image stamped in red...the color in some of those flowers. I would also try turning the paper the other way, having matted image at the top, popping the sentiment near the matted image and of course...adding some pink or sage ribbon would just finish it off.

Kerry

Suzanne
07-25-2007, 08:25 PM
It is pretty! Maybe instead of the gray paper you might try black or a dark color that coordinates with the pattern paper and move your sentiment over to the left just a little so it slightly overlaps the corner of the image square. I think that the image blends in too much to the pattern paper and that by using a dark color you will make the image really pop and that would help you like it better.

mahodgman
07-25-2007, 08:31 PM
I think the papers are very cool, and you've gotten some good suggestions of things to try. I also think you are being too hard on yourself. Most of the time the best thing I can do for a project I don't like is to walk away from it for awhile or overnight. If I am tired, nothing looks right to me.

Caboverde1
07-25-2007, 09:08 PM
Ever since I was a kid...I never liked doing what people thought I would do...I like to get out of my box every once in a while...its ok...it wont look right because its not what you USUALLY do...but thats ok...sometimes ill make something out of character and think its cheesy and everybody is like WOW! I just smile an roll with it...
All of that to say this...
Your card is wonderful...put it in the gallery and hurry up and make another one! LOL

TOnii

iloveflipflops
07-25-2007, 09:13 PM
I say, EAT the peanut butter cups!!! LOL

To me, and this is just MY opinion but i think you have too much flowers going on. Flower background with flower stamped image may be too many flowers... I don't know. Its not bad though.

Wanda
07-26-2007, 08:01 AM
This is soooo ironic; I was given this stamp in a goodie box and I LOVE it but really don't know how to use it. I'm so glad to see all these ideas. Please use it some more so I can get some ideas. TFS.

Wanda

threefriends91
07-26-2007, 08:21 AM
oh Suzi it is not a bad card we all have gone through this, l agree with the ladies if you want to do something more edge it in colour or just add a bow or ribbion. l love your stamp as well and the colours and layout looks great.

ChristyR
07-26-2007, 03:38 PM
i think it is pretty too...i like them both ;)