PDA

View Full Version : Janet Evanovich fans

suzi_f
07-29-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm starting #12 of the Stephanie Plum series. I was thinking of getting her "Full" series next. Do you recommend them? Are they as good? Which is the first or do they need to go in order??

teabear
07-29-2007, 04:57 PM
They start with 1 and go through 13 at this point. She also has a few other books that aren't a part of the numbered series. They are a fun light read that make me laugh out loud. Enjoy.

tojoco
07-29-2007, 05:48 PM
The "Full" series is totally different then her numbered books. I have read a few of the other series and they are okay but not as good as the Stephanie Plum series.

ctinyjoy
07-29-2007, 05:52 PM
I read 2 of the full series, don't remember which ones, and didn't care for them. I think because I like stephanie soo much and this series is soooo different. I just couldn't get into them. Finish #12, read Lean Mean Thirteen and then wait for #14.

suzi_f
07-29-2007, 09:08 PM
I went to her website & found out which was the first. I'm anal, gotta start at the beginning. Apparently, these were short stories to begin w/& after the Stephanie series, she went back & fattened them up. Hmmm, we'll see. I also found the 2 Stephanie books that aren't "numbered" and will read those. Makes a little more sense now that we didn't hear any story about the PG sister.

I'm afraid to read 13 knowing that 14 won't be out for a long time. What if it ends w/a cliff hanger & I go crazy waiting to find out what happens? Or, here's a crazy thought... I could go back to stamping!?!?!?

IslandStamps
07-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Love the Stephanie Plum books, but agree that the other series isn't that great.
Some of my friends have had discussions about who they would go for, Joe or Ranger? What do you all think? I'd probably play it safe and go for Joe, but you never know....