PDA

View Full Version : Poor Ladybug !! She came and found me in my stamping room today

iloveflipflops
07-29-2007, 09:39 PM
and I heard this loud noise. I looked up thinking she had her toy in her mouth wanting to play and the poor thing could barely walk. I don't know what happened. She laid down beside me and her legs were shaking uncontrollably. It was like she could not straighten her legs. It was the weirdest thing. It didnt' last long, thank god. I laid there with her and petted her. I could tell she was scared too.

Tomorrow is her 8th birthday. The kids want to take her to Petsmart to shop for a birthday toy.

I think I will call the vet and see what they have to say about the incident. She is due to go in and get her bordatella shot before we head south next week (Orlando here we come!).

cindi
07-29-2007, 09:42 PM
do youthink it was some sort of a seizure??
or arthriitis attack??
God bless her...poor girl
:worried:

iloveflipflops
07-29-2007, 09:44 PM
She's done this a few other times but its like years apart. I do think this is the 2nd one she's had in this house though in 2 years. I did say something to the vet last time and they just said to keep an eye on her.

cindi
07-29-2007, 09:52 PM
I HATE those kind of vague answers!!!
I hope she is ok
:)

ellie
07-29-2007, 09:57 PM
It does sound like some kind of a seizure to me. I wonder if it could be triggered by the heat? That is very scary...poor Ladybug. Give her a little scratch for me.

teabear
07-29-2007, 10:33 PM
poor ladybug. I'm glad she found you for some love.

My3Ds
07-30-2007, 03:29 AM
sounds like a seizure to me. My poodle used to do the same thing. The first time it happened I was scared to death. Hope she's okay.

workin4stamps
07-30-2007, 04:25 AM
Wow. I would be scared too. I will be curious to know what the vet says about this.

Happy Birthday, Ladybug!!!

Traci

inkinupstamps
07-30-2007, 06:11 AM
Poor, dear Ladybug. That IS scary! Sherri, it doesn't sound right and I hope you can get her to the vet to find out. This very well might be something controlled by medication.

'Bella and Gabe send Ladybug a big sloppy kiss and a dog biscuit for her big birthday! Woof! Woof!

GrammaStamper
07-30-2007, 07:06 AM
I'm glad Ladybug found you when she needed you. It's scary when our pets can't tell us the problem. Give her a belly-tickle from me, too.

Robinkay
07-30-2007, 09:02 AM
Awww Ladybug. It is so frustrating not to know what is wrong with your furbabies.
I had a dog with Epilepsy(sp) and just before he had a seizure he would look up and it was as though he saw the devil himself. It was awful. He would seize for maybe 3-5 minutes. What did the vet tell you to keep an eye on? If she had more incidents? Sounds like a hip or spinal thing to me?
Do you guys have frosty paws there? I'd give her one of those if you have one.
Robinkay

threefriends91
07-30-2007, 09:19 AM
Sherri my dd cat just did the samething last month and went to the vet, she found out that her cat had a bladder infection. l wonder if it could be the same? something to ask the vet about.

Far North
07-30-2007, 10:20 AM
Oh poor ladybug! So glad she was able to find you!

I too cared for a dog that went through a similiar spell and had a bladder infection. I think another vet visit is in order.

Also I had the unfortunate learning that different vets have different approaches--I got one that thought the "world is falling apart" with a life threatening dog story for everything. I went through blood work, x-rays etc
for what a 2nd opinion vet in the same clinic solved with an antibiotic pill.
Extra cuddles for ladybug today!...Jan

toao
07-30-2007, 12:55 PM
Oh man. I hope your little Ladybug is okay Sherri.

Mary

mydogstinks2
07-30-2007, 03:09 PM
That sounds just like Hanna when she would have a seizure. They weren't horriable but scarry enough, I think more for me than her. Sometimes after words she would have a little trouble walking. Keep track of it on the calender and if they happen to close together I would make the vet do something about it.

jewele803
07-30-2007, 04:11 PM
This has happened to my dog a few times...unfortunately, we have not gotten a better answer from our vet than just to keep an eye on it. The first time it happened we rushed Shadow to ER vet. Only to be told there was nothing they could do...she was back to normal before we even got her in the car to go! I hope she is doing o.k. today...I know that it makes Shadow very drooly for awhile afterwards! I hope you had fun celebrating her b-day today:)