PDA

View Full Version : GOt some prismacolor pencils!!!

kimmyqtgirl
08-06-2007, 09:12 AM
WOO HOO! I am so excited I absolutely love these. I found the 120 pack for $67 on ebay (that included shipping) and I just couldn't pass it up. They color so nice and blend really easy. I am so happy with my new purchase.

ccstampin12
08-06-2007, 09:44 AM
That is some bargain! Great job!
Have you ever bought the smaller sets? I'm wondering what additional colors are included in the larger box!
I think I have the 64 set plus the smaller set. I have picked up a few stray colors in my travels, one pencil at a time.
Does anyone know what some of the additional colors are?
Joanie

mahodgman
08-06-2007, 10:23 AM
That is some bargain! Great job!
Have you ever bought the smaller sets? I'm wondering what additional colors are included in the larger box!
I think I have the 64 set plus the smaller set. I have picked up a few stray colors in my travels, one pencil at a time.
Does anyone know what some of the additional colors are?
Joanie

I'm not positive, but I think the extras might be the neon and metalic colors.

Fief14
08-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Kimmy,
Sounds like a grerat deal & perfect timing too! You'll get a lot of use of them at the Crop on Friday! I'll have to compare my set of 48 to yours & see what other colors you have, that I just might have to go buy on an individual basis!

Congrats on your purchase!

Jovi
08-06-2007, 11:45 AM
What a great deal... My kiddos bought me the 120 set last year for Mother's Day, it's great to have more color choices compared the 24 pack I was using. ;)

suzi_f
08-06-2007, 02:35 PM
I have bought all of mine individually. (Thanks TAMI!!!) I was wondering if the 120 set is ALL the colors?? I have printed out the colors in the 120 set & am using that as a check list to see which ones I need. I feel like I have TONS (they don't all fit in my pencil case anymore!) buy there are still colors I need. I know there are a lot of greys in the 120 pack. I don't understand they whole artistic part of why you need all those different greys.

mjbonoan
08-06-2007, 02:45 PM
WOOHOO... Good for you, you must have gotten them at the same place I got mine!! Isn't that a great buy!! Hope you enjoy them as much as I do mine!!

MyRnAbS
08-07-2007, 12:54 AM
omg!! This is quite a bargain! WAY TO GO! AWESOME find! TFS! NOw you must tell all of us where to buy them as well ;)

Paula Carden
08-07-2007, 06:56 AM
I have the 120 set too, so many colors, so little time.
It is great for all of the shading to have so many colors.
I love using mine- and you will too.
Great bargin!

kimmyqtgirl
08-07-2007, 08:29 AM
I know the prismacolor website shows what colors come in each set (www.prismacolor.com (http://www.prismacolor.com)). It does have a lot of greys but it is so nice for blending. Now I just can't decide if I want to keep them all nice in the little trays or just dump them in the metal tin so I can throw some of my other coloring supplies in there. I was just using Crayola pencils before and what a difference. I have the girls at work playing with them and gamsol now too.

suzi_f
08-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Where did you get your gamasol. I think I would like my pencils more if I had the chance to use them w/gamasol. I don't understand "shading". I never got past yellow & blue make green. LOL

kimmyqtgirl
08-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Hi Suzi!
I acutally cheated with the Gamasol. My DH had a huge jug of odorless mineral spirits and I thought I would give that a try. So I poured a little in a glass jar and took it in the house. It works great! I just have to be careful when traveling since it's in glass. I think you can pick up any kind of mineral spirits and it works the same. Have fun with it the technique is so NEAT!

tesschap
08-08-2007, 09:57 AM
I'm not positive, but I think the extras might be the neon and metalic colors.

I have the Metalic colors set and I love them! I use them a lot with the rest of my Prismas - although I only have the 24 color set :(

TiikkiStars
08-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Wow! Congrats on the Prismas! I've been eyeing the bay for my own set. I've been using some old colored pencils of my brothers and I think its time to upgrade!

Suzi, I bought the Mona Lisa Odorless Paint Thinner at Michael's. I know it says paint thinner on the front, but on the back it says it contains 100% Odorless Mineral Spirits. The little bottle wasn't that expensive....I've heard Gamsol is. And I bought a little jar that I cut a sponge to fit into and filled the jar up.........soaking the sponge, but not free floating in there.

A little tip when filling a jar with the OMS, just so it doesn't get everywhere since its highly flammable...... Take a straw, put it into the OMS container, put your finger on the top of the straw to lock in the contents of it, put it over your small jar and release your finger at the top and the OMS falls out of the straw into the jar, do several times until you have the right amount. But, there's no overpouring or spilling then (DH taught it to me). It only took me about three or four straws full. This is only a good idea if you are working out of a small jar. I just prefer to have a small jar versus a big container and then the container can go out into the garage and get locked up with the other dangerous chemicals (we have small kidlets).

Karen

suzi_f
08-08-2007, 12:14 PM
Ok, so OMS & Gamasol are the same thing? They work the same, right??

I'll remember the tip about using the straw. Where do y'all get the little jars, what size & all? Do I want a wide mouth or narrow (???) mouth jar. I'm gonna get this all together soemtime before I die!!

TiikkiStars
08-08-2007, 03:30 PM
Suzi,

I got my jar on the same aisle at Michael's that the OMS (Mona Lisa) and their paint thinners, liquid acrylics, and prismas are on. Its a small jar, but the mouth of it is the same size as the jar, with a screw on lid. I've also heard of people using a bingo dauber, dumping the ink and tapping the stumps to the sponge top of it (but, I couldn't find that at Michael's and everything that was a dauber of sorts had stuff in it that was too expensive to dump and no time to run to the dollar store to look there...so jar it was and I'm really happy with it).

Gamsol is a brand name for OMS....same thing, just more expensive. At least that's what I've been told by people live and breath the technique!

Hope that helps!
Karen

suzi_f
08-08-2007, 05:30 PM
Thanks. Next time I'm at Michael's, I'll look for it.