PDA

View Full Version : School's done and I got a new job!

Swanie78
08-07-2007, 10:02 PM
Well, school's almost done...I have to go back for a couple of hours on Thursday to do my final and a lab in Chemistry. Finished Anatomy and Physiology tonight (with what I think will be a high C...woo hoo!)

A couple of weeks ago I applied for a HUC (health unit coordinator=secretary) position in my department. I was notified last night that I got the position! :P: This position will make working and going to school SO much easier! Its 1 less night per week, but I plan on picking up extra shifts, as I cant financially afford to loose those hours. And my manager is letting me stay in a per diem CNA role so I can still do that on occasion ;)

Fall classes dont start until Sept 19 so Im excited to be able to come back and hang out here on a regular basis again for the next 6 weeks!
What do I need to be filled in on? I feel lost here now...even new people!!

Spartymom
08-07-2007, 10:03 PM
wow, I"ve been thinking of you! You need to get to the 2,000 post mark. That's been a BIG thing for some of us. Hee hee. Erin K or Sherri can always fill you in on the goods at the Shack. Glad you're back.

GrammaStamper
08-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Kelly, great news about your classes. We'll look forward to your posts over the next 6 weeks. I'm not the best to fill you in on anything, but I'm sure there will be someone who can do that for you.

suzi_f
08-07-2007, 10:08 PM
Glad your back! I missed you!! I have no idea what oddness is going on on craiglist. Anyone selling meat? Or modeling bras?

Deborah
08-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Great to "see" you Kelly. CONGRATULATIONS on the job!!

How much longer are your courses? This is for registered nursing, right? (menopause-mind needs refreshing)

I'm so glad for you that you have a little time to play now!

Swanie78
08-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Thanks girls :)
Deborah, I only have fall quarter left of my pre-reqs (second half of A&P, speech, and math) and then its just a wait to get into the nursing program which is about 1.5-2 years. So still about 4 years :( But only 2 of those will be classes.

scrappinnuts
08-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Kelly... I remember A& P well...so tough... I took it with a genetics teacher..in a really big stadium style room/hall...wow was that scarey...Congrats on passing it with a High C...and congrats on finishing your classes....onlyu one semester to go and then the nursing program...sorry about the wait..my daughter will start her third year in the Fall...no waiting list for her as it was a brand new program at her school..which she had attended foer two years prior...so she was able to get in right away. Enjoy your time off...glad to see you back.

stampinmom3
08-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Hi Kelly! Good to see you back. I've been checking up on you on your blog. Congrats on the new job. Glad things are working out for you. How is your SU business going?

shuggy
08-08-2007, 12:01 AM
congratulations!!

Caboverde1
08-08-2007, 01:27 AM
Good job...glad to see you back!

Tonii

mahodgman
08-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Yay for you on finishing classes and yay for us that we will get to see you more!

A few things that have been going on around here:
-Sherri got a new puppy
-GSMom had a yucky situation with her kitchen floor and the insurance co. was being poopy, but it is all good now and she is getting a new kitchen paid for by the ins. co.
-Deborah is the queen negotiator when it comes to air conditioning issues, you have to go find and read her threads on the topic
-Erin is an artist with 13 cards in this month's Just Cards mag, oh gosh, someone else is in that issue and I can't remember who....sorry you deserve a mention too

That is all I can think of right now. I'm happy to see you!

tesschap
08-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Kelly - I am so happy for you. Congratulations!

teabear
08-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Hi Kelly. It's so nice to see you. I was just thinking about you yesterday. Glad you are getting a little break and a new job.

Erin K
08-08-2007, 11:21 AM
that's awesome. I hope you like this new position.

Tantalize
08-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Congrats on getting through the semester Kel. Im really proud of you! Cant wait to see you online more in the next little while.

Swanie78
08-08-2007, 06:02 PM
Thanks again everyone!

Stampin' Up, Im afraid is going to be one of the things I cut from my life. My upline doesnt know yet (so Shhhh Anita and Mary!!!) but Ive quit being a demo. I dont have the time to dedicate to getting/keeping customers and I dont have the extra money to keep it up myself. Ill remain a loyal customer though and probably give my business to Anita....lol My plans right now are to sign up again once I get moved and settled in CA....years down the road...lol

dreis1
08-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Congratulations on your school work and your new position. Hang in there it will be worth it. My youngest DD is a Nurse and she loves it. Glinda