PDA

View Full Version : AWANA starts again tonight.

toao
08-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Who else is involved in the AWANA children's program at their church? I know there are at least 2 others on here. I'm the Commander at our church and took the first month and a half of summer off to re-coop. The last month or so I have been busy ordering supplies, filling positions, and preparing for our Opening Night! This is our 3rd year for the program. We started with a handful of workers that first year and had about 32 kids. When we ended this spring we had about 45 workers and 86 kids. Tonight we are starting with about 55 workers...and I'm anxious to see how many kids we'll have this year.

Mary

logcabincreations
08-15-2007, 03:57 PM
Hi Mary

We have AWANA at our church on Sunday nights during the school year....usually starting the 2nd week of Sept. and ending in May so that our workers get a good long break. We have it from 5:30pm - 7:30 pm. I am the Cubbies Director.

craft a latte
08-16-2007, 12:59 AM
My oldest son started as a cubbie and is now in his final year of JV before moving on to Varsity. He'll soon be eligible to be a LIT (Leader in Training). We start back Sept. 10th. My middle son will be in his last year of TNT and my youngest son will be a first year Sparky. Some of the activities they do each year are: Awana Olympics, Bible Quiz, Pine Car Derby Race, Box Car Movie Night, Parade of Lights at Christmas, Crazy hat or hair night, Pajama night, and at the end of the year Awana Fair. My dh takes video all year and then puts together a video presentation for Awards Night. It's always a big hit.

Sabrina

ellie
08-16-2007, 01:12 AM
I did it when the kids were young. I was the secretary for the Cubbies and then for the Pals and Pioneers.

toao
08-16-2007, 10:15 AM
We started out with 72 kids last night and there were 47 workers present. We ran our bus last night, but many of the kids didn't realize we started this week, so we only picked up 2. (usually we have 20+ on the bus) I'm expecting it to be even higher next week because school starts on Monday and word will spread. It was a good night.

mary