PDA

View Full Version : My wonderful perfect Tudi is not perfect anymore ...

iloveflipflops
08-19-2007, 06:06 AM
She had me up twice last night whining and barking in her crate. At first I ignored her and then thought, maybe she has to go out so i let her out at 3 am. She did go to the bathroom so I put her right back in... then she wakes me up again at 5:30 barking, carrying on, I let her out and she did not go outside this time. As soon as we came in, she went in the house. What the heck!?!???!?!

Of course now its 6 am, she is sound asleep beside me and i am wide awake. Geeez. Its going to be a long day if I dont' get a nap later!!

workin4stamps
08-19-2007, 06:12 AM
hmmmm.....I wonder what's up with that??? I wonder if she doesn't feel good or something? hmmmmmm.......very strange!!!

Traci

workin4stamps
08-19-2007, 06:15 AM
It's not raining is it? It is raining here? I'm wondering if maybe she doesn't like to go out in the rain? (But thinking it's probably not raining there....)

Traci

iloveflipflops
08-19-2007, 06:19 AM
No rain in sight ... my lawn is very crispy (and brown) too. Desparately wanting rain though.

iloveflipflops
08-19-2007, 08:59 AM
Ok ... now I have discovered she has gone SEVERAL times in the house ..I have no idea when she did this. Maybe yesterday when I went to the stamp store. I know DH said he kept taking her outside but she would not go so apparently she went in the house instead.

Does this sound right? I mean she did great the first few days, just 1 accident but now I see 3 stains on the carpet and DH is freaking out saying she has to go back. (oh no!)

Any help is appreciated please!!!

JBgreendawn
08-19-2007, 10:07 AM
I cant remember how old she is sherri, but if shes still young enough to nap all the tine what i did with Storm when we got him ( he was not house trained at all) was every time he woke up from a nap we went straight to the door and out side and i stayed out side with him till he went.
and i would say the same thing every time, go potty on the grass..

as they get older they can "hold it" longer but i did this during the say and DH would get up with him a few times a night in the begining...

iloveflipflops
08-19-2007, 10:08 AM
She is 15 months old so she is old enough to hold it ... right?

Robinkay
08-19-2007, 10:12 AM
Sherri -you have to let her get used to how you do things. It might take a bit. Give her time.

Robinkay

JBgreendawn
08-19-2007, 10:16 AM
yes, shes old enough to sleep through the night.

every now and again Storm may get up but not very often anymore. (once a month?)
he will be one at Thanksgiving time...

I dont know what to suggest, do you let ladybug out at the same time? do they follow each other around the yard?
( that is what mine did when there were two)

workin4stamps
08-19-2007, 10:44 AM
I think it's strange that she did fine for a week, but now all of the sudden. If you don't mind spending the money, you might take her to the vet and have them check her for a UTI. They might also give you some other suggestions for it if it's behavioral.

Traci

iloveflipflops
08-19-2007, 10:57 AM
I emailed Shirley, her previous owner and that is exactly what she thought at first (UTI) but I would think she would go outside too everytime I take her out but she doesnt'. She just stands there... Today she is better and i am not letting her leave my sight. I really think its because DH didnt' watch her as well as I do and she may have tried to tell him she had to go out and we dont' know her "signals" yet. As usual I asked Shirley and got no response. She seems very odd not to answer my questions...

iloveflipflops
08-19-2007, 02:12 PM
I am happy to report ... she is being great again. I think she just needs to be watched and we need to figure out when she tells us she has to go. I think she stares at me but then I just reach down and pet her and don't take her out ....

cindi
08-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Maybe you can bell train her, like some of the shackies were talking about last week. So she will learn to ring a bell to out.
good luck
:)

Nancy
08-19-2007, 03:18 PM
I know how this gets under your goat, ours is 14 and is beginning to forget where the outside is. Last night it was the LR rug and wakes me up about 5:30 every morning, It is worse than having kids around. Plus the other day our parrot who was 45 years old went to Parrot Heaven and that was sad when I found her.

I guess taking your puppy out every two hours would drive you mad but after a couple of days should know. Animals, Animals!!!-- Nancy

Christie
08-19-2007, 04:37 PM
I think you should try to train her to a bell or to go to the door and bark. That way youknow for sure when she needs to go out.