PDA

View Full Version : Gabriel update if you are interested.

inkinupstamps
08-24-2007, 09:10 AM
We just returned from the Vet's office (Yes! The extremely handsome doctor! ;))

At 14 weeks old, Gabriel now weighs 39 pounds. Just 4 weeks ago he was 22.5 lbs so you can tell he is growing like a well watered weed. He's in perfect health and is just a darling "wee" pup. We've had no problems at all with him. And here I was worried that our second Newf couldn't measure up to the Lady Isabella. How wrong I was to worry. He is sweet, affectionate, playful and loves his big sister. They are a hoot together.

Now...so you don't chastize me about his weight gain, just know this is perfectly normal and good for Newfoundlands. He actually is kind of "ribby" and is 'bum high' meaning his back legs have suddenly grown faster than the front legs.

We knew Gabe would be bigger than 'Bella because he is a male and male Newfs are typically larger. Well, the breeder and the Vet feel it is pretty safe to say that young master Gabriel is going to be an extra large Newf. He'll probably top out around 160 - 170. He is a Landseer (white with black spots) and his markings are gorgeous.

OK...I know I've bragged long enough but he and 'Bella are just the sweetest dogs and of course you know I had to share his checkup.

I would post a new photo but I need a new cord or photo card (?) to download the photos off the camera to the computer.

Thanks for letting me blabber about my pups. Ya know I'm rather partial to them! :)

iloveflipflops
08-24-2007, 09:19 AM
Sounds like he is going leaps and bounds Jennifer!! That's super!! BTW, how is the cute vet? :)

GrammaStamper
08-24-2007, 09:40 AM
Glad to hear he's eating well and is such a delight for you. Keep on sharing his and 'Bella's stories. They're wonderful.

teabear
08-24-2007, 10:16 AM
Happy to hear the update. He's such a handsome dog.

toao
08-24-2007, 10:19 AM
So glad for a puppy update. Can't wait to see new pics. Sounds like you're having a blast with your pups. Does he like the water? I know you said Bella didn't.

Mary

Deborah
08-24-2007, 10:21 AM
OMIGOSH! 160 pounds! WOW!! That'll be one BIG pooch!

We're waiting for updated photos ma'am!

workin4stamps
08-24-2007, 11:38 AM
he sure is growing like a weed!!! Sounds like such a sweetie too!

Traci

ellie
08-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Don't you just love your dog babies? I can't wait to see more pics of him and his sister too! Give them a smootch from their Auntie Ellie!

emmcee
08-24-2007, 12:40 PM
Keep the updates and pics coming. We love to hear about Gabe & Bella. If I could ever get my DD & SIL to sit still long enough to take pics of Levi & Oreo then I would share too. I love to hear about your puppies. :nod: