PDA

View Full Version : My kitty's not home :(

suzi_f
11-19-2006, 09:30 AM
In the week that we've had him, he's never been gone this late. And, from his food bowl, I don't think he's been here since 6:30 last night!!! I'm starting to really worry!! I don't know what could have happened to him! What if he's found a girlfriend??? He's got an appt a week from Tue and that's the earliest we could have made it for. Where oh where has he gone??

iloveflipflops
11-19-2006, 09:40 AM
Oh no. That's not good. And it was pretty cold last night? Right? Maybe he will show up this morning ... keep an eye out for him.

inkinupstamps
11-19-2006, 09:43 AM
Before my Merlin got the old snip-snip he would take off for a couple - three days and always return...even as cold as it is here.

I feel sure your kitty will return...just get him to the vet ASAP. OH, and you'll see a big difference in him once he's had his appointment. He'll be cleaner, more snuggly and stay closer to home. At least that has always been my experience.:)

suzi_f
11-19-2006, 09:54 AM
I was under the impression that he hadn't hit kitty "puberty" yet. He's about 9-10 mos according to the vet. I thought maybe he was too young for male cat issues. Maybe not. Maybe that's why we have him. He wandered off from his home & ended up here. I don't know. I'm just worried. When he comes home, he's STAYING home. We have a litter box now for him & I' gonna make him use it & stay in the garage at night!!

Maybe it's 'cause he doesn't have a name yet?

lost luggage
11-19-2006, 11:11 AM
Maybe he was just stopping by your place for a few days...maybe he went back home?

suzi_f
11-19-2006, 01:17 PM
Maybe he was just stopping by your place for a few days...maybe he went back home?

That's what I'm afraid of. I told dh the whole time that maybe he wasn't "missing" he was just spending time here & there. What if he really just lived 3 houses down?? I keep telling myself it's ok if he doesn't come back, we'll get another cat from the shelter but.....I'm still worried anyway.

Erin K
11-19-2006, 02:06 PM
Please keep us posted in any case Suzi! :)
e

suzi_f
11-19-2006, 02:41 PM
Every time I walk outside to see if he's home, I get more & more depressed. It sure doesn't take long to get attached to these guys! I wish I knew IF he was coming back! I'm sad. :(