PDA

View Full Version : Prayers need for sons Friend

lisaguyon
08-29-2007, 11:18 AM
Richard, one of that players on my sons football team broke his leg Monday and had to have surgery Monday night. This young mans mother died two years ago and he is raising his two yo brother. His family that is suppose to be taking care of him...well I will just say that they are NOT. As soon as his surgery was over Monday, they left him at the hospital...now he broke his leg in the am practice at about 830..he had surgery at 630 that night..nothing to eat or drink all day. They did not even go get the kid anything to eat and drink before they left.

Then he went home yesterday and they told him they did not have time to cater to him....he is 325+ pounds, has a bandage on his leg from above the knee down where they put pins and rods in his legs to repair it and he is not good on the crutches even if he was not hurting really bad. He needed someone to take care of him for at least a few days. Well he came to the house last night so we could take care of him. His grandma dropped him off...she does not know us from Adam....did not even give me directions on his meds etc...no thank you for helping or anything and leaves. She has not even called to check on him.

This young man is such a sweet heart and very thankful to have someone help him. He is very respectful and a great young christian. He need all the prayers he can get right now. He has to work to support himself and will be out of work for at least 8-12 weeks. his baby brother depends on him for everything. Please pray that God will wrap his protective arms around this young man and that we are able to give him the assistance he needs.

logcabincreations
08-29-2007, 11:36 AM
Oh Lisa. So sad....wish I were nearby to help. So glad he has you, but who is taking care of his brother? Can you adopt them both? This is too much responsibility for him at his age. I'll keep you all in my prayers. I am really angry at his "family" for not doing their job....shame on them.

lisaguyon
08-29-2007, 11:40 AM
the grandmom has the little brother. Richard actually just turned 18 last week but I have offered for him and the little one to move in with us. He also has a 15 yo sister in the equation so I can not adopt them all...oh how I wish I could. I just cried Monday night when my sons called me and said that the family had left him and they had to go get him something to eat, etc. He is such a sweet young man and never complains about all the respinsibility he had been given over the last couple of years. My heart just goes out to him.

Lisa

logcabincreations
08-29-2007, 11:45 AM
You are a sweetheart. Does the sister also live with grandma? I'll keep this whole situation in my prayers that God will provide a solution.

lisaguyon
08-29-2007, 11:52 AM
Yes I think so.

toao
08-29-2007, 11:57 AM
Lisa what an angel you are to help this young man. I will say a prayer for him, his siblings, and for you and your family. I pray God pours out His blessings on all of you.

Mary

dreis1
08-29-2007, 12:27 PM
This just makes me want to cry. How can they be so un-caring? Big Hugs to all of you Lisa. You all will certainly be in my prayers. Glinda

mydogstinks2
08-29-2007, 12:47 PM
How wonderful are you! You are such a great person to take him in. It's nice that he has some place to go. I can't imagine just leaving him in the hospital to fend for himself.

iloveflipflops
08-29-2007, 12:52 PM
I can't believe a family could leave someone like that at the hospital. poor guy! He is so lucky to have you all!!!

cecescraps
08-29-2007, 12:53 PM
Oh, this just breaks my heart. How much this poor young has been through. You are a very kind and generous person Lisa to help him. I will add all of his family to my prayer list.

Cathi

tesschap
08-29-2007, 02:41 PM
How sad. I'm sending warm thoughts and prayers his way.

My3Ds
08-29-2007, 02:46 PM
How very sad. Thank goodness for you. Would they want to move to MD? I can give them 3 more brothers. This is just so sad.

lisaguyon
08-29-2007, 03:43 PM
How very sad. Thank goodness for you. Would they want to move to MD? I can give them 3 more brothers. This is just so sad.

I think he likes it here in the south....but I have told DH that it might be worth checking into adopting the baby so that we know he is taken care of. They are a different ethnic background, it DOES NOT matter to us but it might hinder us. He said we needed to pray about it beacuse for that to happen he would have to be removed from the families care and then their rights terminated, etc and there is no promise that we would get him during all that. :arghh::arghh:With Richard being 18 now he could legally be his guardian but he is only a junior in school so that is unlikely.

Paula Carden
08-29-2007, 07:35 PM
This is such a sad story-poor kid, glad he has someone like you to help him out.
Hopefully something good will come his way.
Thinking of him, you and his family.

Nancy
08-29-2007, 08:44 PM
Cant social services be called on this. That is terrible. How long will he be at your house? We should all send him a card. = Nancy

Vintagegal
08-29-2007, 08:46 PM
Good heavens. My prayers are going up for him and his young brother, right now. God Bless you and your family, Lisa, for opening up your home to him. Who is caring for his brother, right now?

Vintagegal
08-29-2007, 08:48 PM
Lisa, what else can we do? Can we send this young man money to help him take care of himself and his younger brother?

Far North
08-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Oh how very, very sad! What a burden for such a young man. He is truly blessed to a least have you and your family in his life! Please do let us know if we can do anything specific to help! Sending prayers!...Jan

teabear
08-29-2007, 09:24 PM
Keeping all in my thoughts and prayers.