PDA

View Full Version : A Group Toot!

Deborah
09-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Earlier this year, I organized a "by-invitation-only" alphabet-and-technique paper crafting/stamping tag swap with 26 paper artists all around the world. There were women from

Canada
US
France
England
Norway
Australia
Germany
Belgium
Scotland
Austria
The Netherlands

Each person chose a letter (I had "D" and later, "W" as well because one woman's tags went missing :worried:), and created 26 tags, sent them to me, and I swapped them out. After six long months, the swap finally wrapped up, with the last person having finally received her tags.

The resulting little tag booklet (mounted on a metal ring) is absolutely AMAZING! It's like having a tiny little compendium of paper crafting and stamping techniques at your fingertips. Some women actually did 26 DIFFERENT tags! Can you IMAGINE!?

This was a whole lot of work and worry (lol), trying to coordinate everyone's little packages, and I made some mistakes along the way (ie sending two of one letter, then being short at the end :confused:), but it was worth every second spent on the swap. It was definitely a "one-off," and I'd never try another one of such a size again, but OH MY, I absolutely LOVE my little treasures!

And, the BEST news, it's just been accepted for publication in Stampington's Stamper's Sampler! We don't know which issue yet, but as soon as we do, I'll post it here.

Some of the paper artists are frequently published, one is actually the publisher of a stamping magazine, and others have never been published before, so everyone's pretty excited.

Once they've been published, we'll all post our tags on our blogs, with a link to the next letter of the alphabet on everyone else's blog or gallery, so people will be able to see a consecutive alphabet display.

Happy-happy-joy-joy!

Thanks for allowing me to share our news!

patcreates
09-03-2007, 11:41 AM
That is great news!! Keep us posted as to when its published! :)

cindi
09-03-2007, 11:43 AM
I can't wait to see them
:)

allinkdup
09-03-2007, 11:43 AM
that is super!

countrycowgirl
09-03-2007, 11:47 AM
WOW... what a huge undertaking and a great conclusion to all that work!

GrammaStamper
09-03-2007, 11:50 AM
WOW! That's amazing. I can't wait to see them when we're allowed. I may even buy the magazine just to say, "I know her".

teabear
09-03-2007, 12:05 PM
I did get a little peek of this wonderful project. What a fantastic undertaking and I'm giddy to see the finished project. Congrats to all.

hbpuppy
09-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Wow Deborah. That sounds like quite an undertaking. I'm glad that it all came together and that you are getting recognized for it.

laos348
09-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Very cool - congrats!!

Laura

IMBlessed5
09-03-2007, 02:47 PM
WOW, it would be VERY exciting to be a part of that! What an accomplishment, both for you - for organinzing it, and for the whole group too! Congratulations!

Vintagegal
09-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Woooo-hooooo!!! Congratulations to all of the artists! A well-deserved round of applause!

logcabincreations
09-03-2007, 02:55 PM
My goodness - what a feat! Six months! Sometimes the best of things takes the longest. Can't wait to see them.

Paula Carden
09-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Sounds like fun, please post the tags so we can all see the art work.
Wow that was a lot of work!

JBgreendawn
09-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Congratulations Deborah to all of you!
Sounds like it was worth every bit time and trouble!
can't wait to see the photos!

Far North
09-03-2007, 11:05 PM
Pop the Champagne! That's a huge accomplishment!...Enjoy!
...Jan