PDA

View Full Version : Back on the wagon

teabear
09-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Well, it's official, I have reached maximum density. I am at my own personal high weight, I've been here before and it's not pretty. So, at my curves they started an 11 week long biggest loser competition today. I put my $10 in the pot and I'm working on losing some of this extra padding. The winning team gets to split the $. I think I'll be a winner if I lose some weight. I had to commit to giving up something, so I'm giving up night-time snacking. Why can't it be as easy to take it off as it was to put it on.

MnMommy2
09-05-2007, 08:43 PM
I need to seriously lose some weight too! We should have something like that here on the shack, for support and incentive. I am at my pregnancy weight and I AM NOT PREGNANT! lol. I have had a gym membership for a year now and I pay $50.00 a month and lately I have only been going maybe twice a month if that much.

I snack so much, eat after 8pm all the time, I don't drink enough water, I drink a lot of Soda, we eat out often and I just keep gaining... I want to change but I really need the extra push to do so! Anyone like me out there?

patcreates
09-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Congrats on making the commitment!! I have lost 15 pounds this summer but I have been slipping lately. I definitely need to get back on track.

Nancy
09-05-2007, 09:30 PM
I havent been back to Curves since our vacation because of the cataract operations, but the end of Sept. I am going back. What disappointed more was the fact I stopped drinking sodas and it didnt make a mark. I also never eat after 7 and will eat supper if I know it will be late. It did seem while I was going to Curves, the movement of the body is what helped lose the weight. If people want to start - I'll join in and for now watch the eating. I could lose about 30 # - Nancy

cecescraps
09-05-2007, 10:21 PM
I'm am sooooooo with you girl. I got on the scale yesterday and almost cried! I now weigh 15 pounds MORE than I weighed when I got to the hospital to have Patrick. Hello!?! So, I'm in! Diet, exercise, starvation, stapling my mouth shut- whatever works!

Cathi

iloveflipflops
09-05-2007, 10:39 PM
I will duct tape my mouth if I have to .... AFTER MOA :)

IMBlessed5
09-05-2007, 10:39 PM
I could lose about 10 pounds. I only have about 2 pair of shorts that I can button easily. :(

I'm SO bad at the "D" word though. It never lasts very long! And not the most active either - that's my problem!

hbpuppy
09-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Good luck Tami. I hope you win. I gained a little weight over the summer. Now that the tourists have left my beach I'm back to riding on the beach path and running on the sand. Hopefully that will do the trick.

tesschap
09-05-2007, 11:11 PM
I'm afraid to get on the scale! I haven't been walking much - which has me in panic mode as my 60 mile Breast Cancer walk is only 8 weeks away. I need to kick it in to gear - start walking - start exercising - eat better!

loon218
09-05-2007, 11:44 PM
I joined WW two weeks ago, and have been crabby and hungry, but managed to lose 3#. I weigh in again tomorrow...nope, not going to be good. It's just plain hard to do, but agree if you exercise, you have half the battle won...good luck to everyone.

allinkdup
09-06-2007, 08:41 AM
I did good over the spring, lost about 30.

Then I had to start back on the steriods for the MS and have gained it all back!

I agree, it should be as easy as putting it on.

Whats the one saying...I'd give up chocolate but I am not quitter...for me, it is peanut butter!!!

emmcee
09-06-2007, 08:47 AM
I had lost 20 pounds before Paul died, sort of strayed a little bit, gained some back and am trying to get rid of the few I gained. My biggest problem is watching TV, I like potato chips or some kind of salty snack and a big glass of Coke, and when I get bored or in a funk, I look for something. And most of us know I've been in a turmoil for a while, but things are settling down. Once it cools off, like in October, I'll be able to start walking again at lunch time. RIght now, it's too hot. Supposed to be 95 here again today. Please autumn come on & bring your cool air. :nod:

IMBlessed5
09-06-2007, 12:27 PM
That's my excuse too - it's just too hot to go walking or bike riding! :D

jenn
09-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Good luck to all of you with your weight loss goals! I personally know the struggle and determination it takes to get there.

I lost 85 pounds starting April 2005 through March 2006, and have managed to keep it off so far. I do bounce back and forth with 5 pounds now. But, I am OK with that.

I would like to shed 15 more. But, I agree, its too hot still and peanut butter rocks! :nod:

teabear
09-06-2007, 03:43 PM
Thanks everyone for helping to not feel alone with this struggle. Great weight loss Jenn and Michelle. My coach at curves made a suggestion for night-time munchies. She said to allow myself to have celery dipped in just a bit of natural peanut butter. I'm gonna try that tonight. She said it helps to replace the crunch of chips along with a little salty, sweet, and protein.