PDA

View Full Version : eBay/Pay-Pal Help

suzi_f
09-17-2007, 04:28 PM
Becca sold a bunch of stuff on ebay yesterday. All but 5 have paid thru pay-pal but it's showing that it's "pending" what does that mean?? I was hoping I could ship all this stuff today but I'm afraid to ship before this "pending" thing is gone. I've checked pay-pal & even checked dh's messages ('cause all the pay-pal stuff goes thru him. I won't ASK him as he's a BEAR today!! He needs to go back on the road. He's been home too long!)

Can anybody easily explain this to my poor empty head?

flyingflower
09-17-2007, 04:43 PM
I think you have to "accept" them

IMBlessed5
09-17-2007, 04:49 PM
OR, if they're paying from their checking account, it usually takes 3-4 days to "clear" just like a regular check would.

Sherry
09-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Hi Suzi,

If the transaction says 'Pending' it usually means one of two things.

1. The user sent a credit card payment. If you are not set up to accept credit card payments, you will have to either accept or deny the transaction. Accepting the transaction will change your Paypal account to Premier status and you will be charged a fee with each credit card transaction that you accept.

2. It could also mean that the user has issued their payment via echeck, which is a payment that first has to be taken from their bank account like a real check. This can take anywhere from 3 to 8 days depending on the users bank.

If you click on the transactions listed in your paypal account, you should be able to tell whether or not it was a check or a credit card payment.

Oh yeah, NEVER ship an item that has a pending payment. Wait til it clears first.

Hope this helps!
Sherry

suzi_f
09-17-2007, 06:26 PM
I went to Pay-Pal & there is NOTHING there, just the last payment I made. We are set up to rec'v credit card payments so that should not be a problem. I guess I just have to wait. If they paid w/a debit card, would there be a delay??

suzi_f
09-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Ok, I went to pay-pal & this is what I found:

A PayPal purchase can appear as Pending in My eBay or Selling Manager for various reasons, including:

The buyer paid with an electronic check (the system will display Pending until the check clears - usually in about three business days.)
A payment was sent with an unconfirmed address, and the seller needs to log in to PayPal to accept the payment.

If I'm logged into paypal & there is NOTHING showing I need to accept a payment, that means it's an electronic check?? What is an electronic check?? Is that when you pay direct from your checking account? I'm starting to wish I never agreed to do all this. WAY TOO MUCH TROUBLE!!

JBgreendawn
09-17-2007, 09:46 PM
change your Paypal account to Premier status and you will be charged a fee with each credit card transaction that you accept.

if you become a premier account holder you will be charged a FEE for every single pay-pal payment you receive ( direct bank account transfers, cc payments all of them) the only one they don't charge you for is if the people have funds sitting in their pay-pal account and pay you that way.

when you are on your pay-pal account page it should list each and every transaction on its own line.
so it will say the persons name then HOW the money is transferring, if it says instant transfer and your balance has increased ( you have that money now) if it says pending you have to click on it to be able to accept the payment ( you'll have to click on it after it takes you to the page)

did that make any sense at all?
its been so long since i got an e-check payment i cant remember the exact wordage for it..

suzi_f
09-18-2007, 06:23 AM
This is the problem: I AM a premier account. My pay-pal account shows NOTHING that I have to accept or ANYTHING!!! I'm worried now that something is wrong & I'm going to have alot of unhappy bidders leaving me bad feedback 'cause I don't see anything that I'm supposed to do. I'm just hoping it all resolves itself & the hour-glass turns into a dollar sign SOON!!!!

JBgreendawn
09-18-2007, 10:15 AM
there is a live chat person inside ebay
im trying to remember how you get ahold of them...
i had to do it last year when mine got hacked...

JBgreendawn
09-18-2007, 10:18 AM
on your pay pal account screen where you see there name and you start to read in the right direction past their name there is a column named details... click on that... then if you have to accept the money that is where you do it.
hth

suzi_f
09-18-2007, 04:02 PM
Well, it's all be figured out but it ain't pretty!

I called pay-pal this morning. They said I had to check w/the buyer to see where they sent the payment 'cause there were no payments pending w/my paypal account. I explained that I was SURE the buyers all just clicked the "pay now" button on the invoice but that didn't change his story: check the email they sent payment to.

So I fumed & cursed & screamed & generally had a nice little meltdown at 6:15 in the morning. Makes for a REALLY bad day!! Dh suggested that he take a look at it. Hello, he's not exactly a computer guru. But, sometimes, w/some things, he has more patience than I do. So, I went to get dressed & he looked it up. Turns out, the answer was in front of me th whole time. If I clicked on any of the items sold, it told me that payment was sent to [email protected]. The email account I closed more than a year ago!! I didn't even remember I had set up another pay-pal account!! (And, if I had known, I would have ordred more Papertrey!!!). The problem is I can not remember the password and, according to pay-pal, I don't know my mother's madien name nor the last 4 digits on my SS#.

So, I had to go to work. I called when I got home. Waited 18 minutes. Finally, I was told that since I didn't have access to that email anymore, I'm pretty much screwed. I have to beg the bidders to cancel their payments to me & then manually resend thru pay-pal to my CORRECT pay-pal account. I hope they will do this w/o too much grumbling. I may have to refund a portion of thier bids to keep them happy.

BTW, changing your pay-pal info in eBay isn't a picnic either. If this every gets straightened out, I'm gonna donate everything to the Salvation Army & not try to sell every again. Oh wait, I got that 2 Wii to deal w/at some point. <sigh>

mydogstinks2
09-18-2007, 04:09 PM
This EXACT thing happened to us! It's not hard to fix... Just send the buyers and email. Explain what happened. They just have to go to their pay pal and cancel that payment then send it to the correst one. In the email put the correct pay pal address a few times so they get it right.

It is a pain to change your emails with ebay and we learned the hard way that you have to change it with pay pal a few times!

suzi_f
09-18-2007, 04:38 PM
I know that at least 2 of the buyers won't have a problem at all w/the change. One probably won't & the other hasn't responded to ANY of my apologetic emails. We'll just have to wait & see. DH won't let me send any of the items until the new payments are rec'd. I know he's right 'cause someone might not resend payment. But, I feel bad. I promised to mail them yesterday & now it could be days before it's all put right.