PDA

View Full Version : Arts de Mer Cruise ~ March 2008

teabear
09-21-2007, 12:30 AM
There is a fun art cruise coming up March 7-10 out of San Pedro, CA to Mexico. I just thought I'd share theCruise Link (http://www.artsdemer.com/cruise_game.htm) in case anybody wants to go. I love the sound of it...4 days at sea creating with 4 different teachers. There is a wide range of prices depending on what type of cabin you want. The theme is something to do with games this year and was pirates last year. I haven't been to this, but it looks like a good time.

mahodgman
09-21-2007, 08:20 AM
Wouldn't that be the bomb! A whole ship devoted to crafting for the weekend.

mcourtney
09-21-2007, 11:26 AM
I went on this cruise in 2006. It was an bittersweet cruise to say the least. My BF was supposed to go with me but she lost her birth certificate 2 days before the cruise and could not go. I was supposed to meet Lori (Who Moi) on this cruise but she passed away a few weeks before we sailed. The theme was "Circus". The classes were wonderful, the food was fabulous, Ensenada Mexico was scary. (That's another whole story about a bus ride that included 4-wheeling down a mountain, Ferderales with machine guns, and almost missing the boat). I made an art doll out of a tin in Terry's class. In Tim's class, we made a circus themed mini album from one of his ruler books. And Mary Jo McGraw's class was a lecture on different mediums. There were make and takes, a mini vender fair, rooms reserved for your own creativity time. Lots of nightclubs, restaurants, shows, a mini mall. It is a wonderful short cruise and I would recommend it to anyone.

hbpuppy
09-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Ooooh Tami, that sounds like fun. I've never been on a cruise before. Let me think about it.

scrappinnuts
09-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Tami... I am really going to look into this one... I would love to do this...thanks so much for sharing the info...keep us posted if you decide to go.

teabear
09-21-2007, 07:16 PM
I talked with hubby about it over lunch. Definitely thinking about it :)

stampcrazyjulie
09-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Hey, that looks like fun....I would love to go, but a final deposit by December isn't feasible for me right now....are these only once a year?

mcourtney
09-21-2007, 10:25 PM
DH just said he wouldn't mind going again so I'm looking into it. I sent an email to them to see if passports are needed on this cruise.

mcourtney
09-21-2007, 11:11 PM
I just got an answer from Anne, the lady that puts this cruise together. Here's her response about the passports:
Hi Mary:
Yes, passports will be needed in 2008. From what I've heard, there is such a demand with the new regulations, that it is taking longer than ususal to get the passports - up to four months!

I still have cabins available in all categories. We do have over 80 signed up for next year, so I'm sure it will be a lot of fun. Let me know if there are any other questions I can answer for you.

Hope to "sea" you in 2008.
Anne

teabear
09-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Have passport, can travel :) There is definitely time to get a passport, but I would apply soon since it takes a while. You can get the form at most post offices. You have to apply in person. In most city government there is someone who will take them and also at some post offices, but you need an appointment either way.

hbpuppy
09-22-2007, 11:22 AM
I got my first passport last year. You can download and fill the form out online. Then, you take it to the post office with a picture. I got mine done at cosco but the auto club also does them. Have an original copy of your birth certificate handy. I ordered mine online. If you are worried, you can pay an extra fee to have the passport process expedited.