PDA

View Full Version : Where do you go to...

3darlings
09-25-2007, 10:21 AM
resize your photos to get them to load into the gallery? I thought it was here somewhere, but I cannot find it!:confused:

TiikkiStars
09-25-2007, 10:31 AM
Under Troubleshooting, then Frequently Asked Questions.

I don't know how to link a thread, so I'm copying and pasting Sherry's text:

How do I add a photo to the gallery?
<HR style="COLOR: #fdfdf9" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Click on the "Gallery" link from the navigation menu located at the top of the screen.

Once in the gallery, click on "Upload Photos". The link is located near the top right hand of your screen.

Select the photo(s) you wish to upload from your computer. You are allowed to upload three images at a time.

Enter a title and a description for your photo(s).

Click "Upload/Submit"

Choose a category in which you like to put your image. Most people choose to place the image in their own personal gallery. If this is what you would like to do, simply choose "Member Galleries" from the pull down list. Alternatively, you can select another category that best describes your image.

You will then have the option to edit your title and/or desciption if you so wish.

Click on "Process".

Your image is now uploaded into the gallery that you have selected and your image will be shown in the "Most Recent" section.

Problems Uploading?

If you have problems uploading to the gallery, it is most likely that your image file size is too large. If the image is too large, it will cause a hiccup in the system causing a blank screen. Anything over 500KB is really too large. To ensure that your file uploads successfully, you might try using one of my favorite applications for resizing images on the fly. It is called "Image Resizer" and it can be downloaded, for free, by clicking this link: http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ertoySetup.exe (http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe)

To use the application, simply install it on your computer. Right click on the image that you are trying to resize, choose "Resize Pictures" from the menu and then select "small". A new, resized image (and perfect for uploading) will be created.

Hope that helps!!
:> Karen

loobylou
09-25-2007, 10:31 AM
Go to the gallery
on the far left there is a box that says "Trouble Uploading???" and it gives a link to Image Resizer program which is free and quick
give it a go

3darlings
09-25-2007, 10:41 AM
Grrr....Okay, I downloaded it and right clicked and chose small...ok...and still says too large.

MidwestStamper
09-25-2007, 01:18 PM
I know that didn't seem to work for me either. I had my DS show me away: I 'right click' on the picture, click on 'Open With' and choose 'Paint', then under the choice of "Image' I choose 'stretch/skew'. Under that, I choose 'stretch'--there's a box for 'horizontal' and 'vertical'. In each of those boxes I put a percentage that is less than 100% (usually 90%). Then I click on 'OK' and it shrinks it just a little bit.

When I go to close it all up it will ask if I want to save the change and I click on yes. Hope I've walked you through it if you want to try this method. Once you've done it a couple times, it feels very easy!