PDA

View Full Version : Shackies! How are we going to get Sherri

inkinupstamps
11-22-2006, 06:09 PM
...to heat emboss? I just know Sherri will love it. She'd be embossing anything that didn't sit still!

Come on Sherri...there are so many pretty colours and uses for it as well. Don't let one little bad experience stop you. Give it a go...ok?:confused:

Pleeeeeease?:err:

tojoco
11-22-2006, 07:46 PM
OK Sherri, what's the problem here? You will absolutely love heat embossing once you get started. Do I have to come there and give you a hands-on demonstration? LOL

inkinupstamps
11-22-2006, 07:52 PM
Sherri told of a bad experience she had with it once, but I think she'd love it. As much as she likes to try things she'll find this invaluable, don't you think?

Besides, she can use the heat gun to warm her delicious cocoa too! :D

Christie
11-22-2006, 08:02 PM
Oh Sherri you must try it. I just tried it for the first time a few days ago. It was soooo easy and so much fun. I had card ideas coming out my ears once I started!! Try it, try it, try it!

iloveflipflops
11-22-2006, 08:33 PM
I demand that ALL of you come to my house and show me IN PERSON. That is the only way I am going to try it. Whose coming when? :)

emmcee
11-22-2006, 09:24 PM
I'll come on down and show you how to heat emboss. It's lots of fun. Let's try to set up a day soon :D

Whoopsie Daisy!
11-22-2006, 10:41 PM
Are you telling me that you have never experienced the thrill of watching the ep melting before your eyes? *gasp*

How about if I send you samples of some heat embossed goodies and you tell me if you want to try it out? I'll even send you some versamark and ep to start with! Do you even own a heat gun? We'll go nice slow and before you know it, you'll be looking for things to heat emboss! lol!

hugs,
Jane

Erin K
11-22-2006, 10:41 PM
I'm coming up in the spring. I'll show you then if you haven't become addicted to heat embossing by then! ;)

GrammaStamper
11-22-2006, 10:48 PM
If Sherri hasn't tried it by the spring, then we'll all bring our heat guns to the Mall of America in Sep and show her how it's done!

Whoopsie Daisy!
11-22-2006, 11:04 PM
If Sherri hasn't tried it by the spring, then we'll all bring our heat guns to the Mall of America in Sep and show her how it's done!

Can you see us all marching down her street with a heat gun in one hand and the ep of our choice in the other? lol!

:D Jane

inkinupstamps
11-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Can you see us all marching down her street with a heat gun in one hand and the ep of our choice in the other? lol!

:D Jane

LOL LOL! Jane, you are so funny! I have a mental image of us! Wooo hooo...aren't we scary! :wub:

CRAFTNMOM
11-22-2006, 11:21 PM
I'm not a big embosser either. You are not alone Sherri! I always end up with little flakes on my paper where I don't want them. I've tried SU embossing buddie, but it makes my paper turn white. Any suggestions from you awesome embossers??:err:
Catherine

mydogstinks2
11-23-2006, 09:01 AM
I stand behind my tried and true "flick" method! When I put the embossing powder on and get the access off I turn it over and give a good "flick" to the back of the paper! That gets rid of most of the strays, then there are just a few left to brush off.

Whoopsie Daisy!
11-23-2006, 11:52 AM
It works for me. Have you ever tried rubbing the cardstock with anti-static dryer sheet before starting? I haven't... I can try it out this morning and let you know what I think of it. There's something I need to emboss this morning and it's on darker cardstock.

Jane