PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm...your opinions?

Deborah
10-16-2007, 10:23 PM
Here are a couple of cards of mine published in the Nov Dec issue of Rubber Stamper.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d96/DeborahNS/ChristmasAGpoinsettiapunchsmaller.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d96/DeborahNS/Christmasnewsmaller.jpg

Here's what they look like in the magazine. That little "Materials Needed" box is angled just like that in the mag.

I'm just wondering, what do you think of the way the cards turned out in print?

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d96/DeborahNS/RubberStamperNovDec07.jpg

GrammaStamper
10-16-2007, 10:31 PM
I think the print images are definitely not as beautiful as the images I see here. That must be a huge disappointment to you. I'm not sure what they were trying to achieve with the angled box, but it doesn't add anything aesthetic, in my opinion.

Is there anything you can do about it?

cindi
10-16-2007, 10:33 PM
to me they look even more beautiful in the post than in the mag..the true beauty of them shines through to me more clearly in the post. Either way they are fab!
:)

ellie
10-16-2007, 10:33 PM
I think the cards are beautiful...the magazine pictures are good but I think the actual cards are prettier. I think the text box is a little distracting because of the way it's angled.

ellie
10-16-2007, 10:37 PM
I forgot to say Congratulations... you are a talented lady!

Deborah
10-16-2007, 10:40 PM
Is there anything you can do about it?

LOL! Not a THING Barb!

I was really disappointed in how they showed in the magazine.

Oh well. At least they're there.

logcabincreations
10-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Wow! that magazine page does not do them justice! They are certainly more beautiful in your post above.

Also, read my last post on the thread "Deborah I am in awe....." I will tell you I boo booed - it's Paper Creations not Paper Crafts that your cards are in.

And know what? That Paper Creations Magazine has your cards displayed very beautifully! They are awesome! I don't think you will be disappointed at all.

Vintagegal
10-16-2007, 11:11 PM
That materials box (at an angle) is disturbing. It's silly. It's overlapping the photo of the card. That is just silly, not to mention, distracting.

hbpuppy
10-16-2007, 11:44 PM
Your cards, as always are gorgeous. It looks like they scanned them instead of photographing them. Like, It looks like the poinsettia is smooshed, you can't see the dimetion at all and the red on Merry Christmas looks black.

teabear
10-17-2007, 12:52 AM
Deborah, your work is always stunning to me. I'm sorry to see they couldn't take better photos. We know you rock!

threefriends91
10-17-2007, 05:30 AM
Deborah, l'm so glad you posted your cards for us to see, they are absolutely beautiful. They could and should have done a better job with these photos and the full layout. but know that your cards are just gorgeous, 'm sorry they didn't do a better job with these

Canadian, eh
10-17-2007, 06:11 AM
Your cards are as elegant, and beautiful, as always. I agree with Barb and Ethel; the angled box is distracting, and frankly it is just plain ugly.

My3Ds
10-17-2007, 07:00 AM
Congrats on being published. The cards are great.

tesschap
10-17-2007, 07:18 AM
Your actual cards are much more beautiful than in print! Congratulations - you are certainly one talented artist. Sprinkle some of that creative dust my way - would ya?!

Great job.

Christie
10-17-2007, 07:40 AM
Very pretty cards. I do think that yours picutres looks better then theres. They should of angled the pictures better to pick up on the details of the card better. They still look very pretty though.

ccstampin12
10-17-2007, 08:10 AM
Sorry you are disappointed. But YOU and everyone here agrees that those cards are AWESOME!
I feel that angled box doesn't belong as they put it....maybe if the cards themselves had been angled it would have worked, but it doesn't here. Too bad.
STILL....they chose your wonderful cards to PUBLISH!!! How great is that!
You're very talented!
Keep up the wonderful work.
Joanie

mahodgman
10-17-2007, 08:49 AM
I think someone goofed! The box does not look right on the page, and your cards are gorgeous in your post! The sparkle doesn't sow up in the mag....bummer.