PDA

View Full Version : scene stamping, does anyone do it?

Erin K
11-22-2006, 10:45 PM
You know where you take your stamps and get all fancy and use masking and all to make a scene? It is common in that magazine Rubber STamp Madness. Does anyone do this? I don't because it looks super complicated and time consumeing but it also looks really neat. I was showing Brian and he thinks he's going to try it himself! He wants to make some funny scenes by combining different images I have.

If you have done this please share your work. I'm considering giving it a try.

(I hate this keyboard they have here at my dad's it's the kind you have to really push on the keys! It's driving me crazy!":mad:

:yes:

teabear
11-23-2006, 01:55 AM
I have sort of tried this...nothing formal like you see in the mags! I tried it on this card that's at 2peas: http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=996689

I also have one here in the gallery that is a brayered background with a bunch of trees on it. It's some of the same stamps as the other one with a different look. http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=596&cat=500&ppuser=75

Please share what you come up with.

MidwestStamper
11-23-2006, 08:27 AM
I buy RubberstampMadness, and have seen this kind of stamping--but I don't have the right kind of stamps to do it. It is amazing work!

I don't know if people do this kind of artwork just for the pleasure of creating it, or if they actually make cards and gifts that they send.

iloveflipflops
11-23-2006, 08:37 AM
My stamp store which is about an hour away has the most georgous samples to look at in their store and everytime I am in there, i ooooh and aaaah over them but I have never tried it. Looks real neat though. I am anxious to see what Brian comes up with :).

Nancy
11-23-2006, 11:09 AM
You can go to Stampscapes.com and read all about this. You use glossy paper and start with your lightest color background first. After you feel you have your nature background done, you start stamping with your stamps. You can use brushes to bounce the colors on or the toner stamp. I have done both. What I dont know is how to get pictures on to the computer.
Nancy:)