PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety....

shurlyjean
10-27-2007, 04:12 PM
My hubby wants mom to leave by the middle of Nov. She has been here 6 months since dad died. Every weekend (almost) we go down home so she can sit with her 13 cats. She has never lived by herself, but knows she still wants to be down home.

My hubby has been calling a motel, which she originally was planning to take room. The room had been rented and now is open again, so he wants her to look at it and sign the lease. This is creating great anxiety with me. I have been afraid to say anything to her because she made it clear she likes it here for Christmas, and also wants to go down home to sit with her cats... other words, have the best of both worlds.

I think she should sign the lease. She can stay down there for a couple of weeks and stay here too.... then she can work at fixing up her house to live more permanently down there.

The problem with the apartment is she can't have her satellite dish, but hubby doesn't care about that.

I am at witts end with anxiety about this entire situation. I too want the best of all worlds but I need to to the bull by the horns and tell her... sign that lease... it ain't the end of the world--for her or me or her cats.... But if all of our stubborness makes me have to choose between her or family... I need to choose my family.... and I don't want to have to choose.

My hubby married me, not her. I think things would be different if she didn't have all the cats and wanted to go down there every weekend.

Thanks for listenings. Prayers please.

Shirley

Canadian, eh
10-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Sending hugs to you in your decision making.

ccstampin12
10-27-2007, 06:58 PM
This is tough. Sorry you are in this position.
I hope it will just evolve that she will help make the decision to sign the lease.
HUGS
Joanie

directmailscrapper
10-27-2007, 08:42 PM
Shirley, you sure have a lot on your plate. I can't imagine being caught in the middle like this. Pray for guidance. Good luck and keep us posted.

loobylou
10-27-2007, 08:56 PM
you are in a hard place Shirley. You can only make a choice that feels right in your heart, I pray that you will be guided in the right direction, and that everyone else understands.

threefriends91
10-28-2007, 05:55 AM
Oh Shirley, l'm so sorry you are in the middle of all this. It's tough but with all the anxiety that your carrying it's doing you more harm and before it get's worse for you and your hubby you need to talk to your mom sooner rather then later. try taking her out for lunch and asking her to sign the lease. l will pray for all of you hugs to you