PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday

tesschap
10-29-2007, 11:56 AM
I'm not sure how many of you are as crazy as I am and head out at the wee hours of Black Friday morning to fight the crowds and shop til you drop but I've started to get emails with sale updates so I thought I'd post the link for anyone interested! http://www.blackfriday.info/

So ... tell us ... do you shop on Black Friday and if so, do you go it alone or with a group?

Happy Shopping!

My3Ds
10-29-2007, 12:05 PM
I've been myself, with just one other person, and with whole bunch of family members. I like going. Not really to get anything, but just more to watch the excitement. I've even had the bad fortune of having to work retail on Black Friday - phooey! When I go with dh's family we usually split up the ads and we'll go out in pairs to get whatever the other ones want. Then we meet for breakfast and head home for naps. We're usually home by 10:00 and have had a full day of shopping by then. Do you want to go with me this year?

kimmyqtgirl
10-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Thanks Teresa!!! I am going to check them out. We need a new tv so maybe there will be a deal!

tesschap
10-29-2007, 12:14 PM
I've been myself, with just one other person, and with whole bunch of family members. I like going. Not really to get anything, but just more to watch the excitement. I've even had the bad fortune of having to work retail on Black Friday - phooey! When I go with dh's family we usually split up the ads and we'll go out in pairs to get whatever the other ones want. Then we meet for breakfast and head home for naps. We're usually home by 10:00 and have had a full day of shopping by then. Do you want to go with me this year?

I ususally just go for the excitement too. I'd be happy to shop with you this year! Do you live in a Southwest city? I usually get great airfare deals on Southwest!

tesschap
10-29-2007, 12:15 PM
Thanks Teresa!!! I am going to check them out. We need a new tv so maybe there will be a deal!

I'm sure there will be tons of tv deals. Good luck.

IMBlessed5
10-29-2007, 01:25 PM
OH yeah baby! I always start my shopping on Black Friday bright and early in the morning. Or should I say "dark and early"! ;)

I have that website bookmarked but haven't started checking it yet this year. There are usually so many great deals that I end up shopping for myself too, not just Christmas shopping. But the one thing I WON'T ever do on Black Friday morning again is go to Toys'R'Us. I spent 45 minutes in the check out line 2 years ago. And all I could think about is what else I could be doing. I guess you just gotta be in the mood! LOL!

And I prefer to shop alone. I don't like worrying about being an inconvenience to other people that have to wait on me, or go to other stores because of me.

Great thread! I'm ready to get started!

threefriends91
10-29-2007, 01:50 PM
Oh Teresa, we in Canada don't have Black Fridays, l sure wish we did. my girl friend from The good USA has told me all about it, l think l would go alone move faster get better deals LOL

Erin K
10-29-2007, 02:20 PM
We do. We always have Thanksgiving at my Dad's so we get up at the butt crack of dawn and leave the boys home with Dad and Sue and go. Usually Best Buy or Circuit City. We wait in an impossible line, grab our few things and get all excited we got them. Course most people are there for the limited quantities cool stuff, we are cheap and are like, "hurray it's the $3 calculator!!!!" and someone hauling a 60" plasma TV glares at us, but whatever! teeheehee.

I don't know if we need any electronics this year though. Maybe we can sleep in?

MidwestStamper
10-29-2007, 02:30 PM
It's got to be a pretty good bargain to get me up--but I have done it several times! It can be kind of fun--I've been at JoAnn's or Michaels when they opened.

I learned not to over dress (it's usually pretty hot if you're stuffed into a place with a bunch of bargain hunting crazies!) and to bring an extra bag to hold any jacket or extra stuff that I do have, so I'm not trying to hold onto all that plus my bargains!

ChristyR
10-29-2007, 02:56 PM
oh yes it is a tradition for me, my mom and my aunt karen (my moms twin) we like to get at walmart by like 6 am to watch the craziness of it all. We don't usually go for anything major and I usually don't buy ANYTHING. I just like to get out of the house with them. We will walk around for a little while and then sit in MCdonalds eating breakfast and people watch. ;) It is so much fun and we usually ONLY go to walmart. :) YAY i can't wait bring on Black Friday...Thanks teresa for starting this :)

teabear
10-29-2007, 03:04 PM
I used to go when Kyle was younger, because the toy deals are amazing. Now, I just go if there is something wonderful. I like to go by myself, so I can move quickly :) If I only want a couple of things, my dad is great to go for me. He loves to get a bargain, so I send him out. It's a bit of a drive for me to get to civilization where the big stores are, but he lives close. LOL

ccstampin12
10-29-2007, 05:25 PM
I USED to, too. But not any more.
Just isn't worth it to me to put myself through it!
LOL
I did, however, save the link to the coupons...just in case!
Joanie

mydogstinks2
10-29-2007, 05:29 PM
I do shop but not as early anymore. Mabye this year I will, not sure!

cecescraps
10-29-2007, 05:47 PM
Some people will think I'm totally "NUTS" but, I LOVE Black Friday! It's the thrill of the hunt, the crazy sweaters & sweatshirts, the little old ladies (grandmas) w/their daughters and granddaughters- I don't know it's just the start of the season to me. I NEVER go alone- as you can tell I'm a follower so, I have my few things I want to get and them I'm just along for the ride. :)

irishchristine
10-29-2007, 05:57 PM
I love to shop on Black friday. My sister and I go every year. I wake her up at 4 am and bring her coffee and then we hit all the stores. For lunch my Mom joins us and she takes our packages and hids them at her house. I will not be able to go this year because it is the day of my 20 year reunion and I am on the committe to set up everything at the hall. bummer!!!

iloveflipflops
10-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Ok ... am I the ONLY one who does NOT go shopping on Black Friday? I do not leave my house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

I will be thinking of ALL of you while I am in my jammies lounging around ALL DAY!

cecescraps
10-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Ok ... am I the ONLY one who does NOT go shopping on Black Friday? I do not leave my house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

I will be thinking of ALL of you while I am in my jammies lounging around ALL DAY!

That would be because you are done shopping, all of the gifts are wrapped, any pkg. that needs to be mailed off was sent a week ago and the magic fairy that is Sherri has the house "magazine perfect" by Noon. But, that's okay- I'm not bitter or anything. ;) You know I'm just kidding right??? I mean about the magic fairy- I know you really do it all. LOL

Canadian, eh
10-29-2007, 06:13 PM
Last year I visited my mom in Atlanta and was there for BF. I was all excited, until the night before. I was too tired and told my mom and sister that they better not wake me up at 4:30 to go with them--or else. I didn't go until 10:00 on their second trip out.

iloveflipflops
10-29-2007, 08:06 PM
OMG Cathi - you CRACK ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

workin4stamps
10-29-2007, 08:10 PM
OMG Cathi - you CRACK ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

she sure does have you pegged, doesn't she???

hahaha!!!

Traci

workin4stamps
10-29-2007, 08:11 PM
I will not be shopping this year. I have to work. I am hoping to have all of my shopping done by then. I actually have a LOT of it done, and not a whole lot left to get! Woo Hoo for me!

:-)
Traci

Firecracker
10-29-2007, 11:27 PM
I will be shopping with my sister! We have our lists and ready to go. We have over 1/2 our shopping done but you have to go, you just never know what wonderful thing you find to buy. Also, by Friday our house is all decorated and ready to go. We have 4 to 5 trees we decorate and the Christmas village and so on and the outside lights go on the night of black Friday. Have fun shopping! Hugs, Heather

patg
10-29-2007, 11:37 PM
I've never heard of Black Fridays - I live in Canada, but it sounds like fun.
Pat

ellie
10-30-2007, 12:52 AM
Like Tami, I use to go when the kids were little...we always found major toy bargains. I don't enjoy the crowds so I hope to be stamping all day!

Jarie
10-31-2007, 04:25 PM
Wow Coupons has also started listing some of the sales info. I go every year. I just love to shop. Last year I was able to get my husband a GPS system for $300. At that time that was the lowest price we had seen all year.

http://www.wow-coupons.com/all-printable-retail-coupons.php

Janet

GSMom385
10-31-2007, 10:09 PM
The girls and I go every year. When Makayla was an infant it was the best. People feel sorry for you with an infant in tow and another one hanging onto your arm, they let you get ahead of them in line, I got just awesome deals that year. Anyone have a baby they want to loan me for the day, bet they would think me truly crazy dragging three around with me? Now the kids take their gameboys on the chains around their neck and we have a great time standing in line all day.

Christie
11-01-2007, 07:43 AM
We go sometimes. You really can get some awesome deals if you are willing to brave the crowds. Usually I just skip it though.

Scrap This!
11-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Oh, yes my mom, sisters, aunt and gma all go. We plan our "HUNT" Thanksgiving day, leave about 3 AM, one drives a get away vehicle while the rest of us are strategically placed around town to get the items desired. We have great fun. I too get the black friday ads, throw them in a folder on my computer then browse Turkey day.