View Full Version : Been MIA, but I'm back now

scraphappy908
10-31-2007, 09:36 AM
I think my last post was almost two months ago asking my shack friends for prayers and support. I've been experiencing health problems of the famale kind and have been in constant pain for a while.

I just want to update all of you to let you know how I am doing. I had a D&C yesterday and was back home last evening still somewhat groggy. This morning I woke up and for the first time in two months I am pain free!! I'm feeling pretty good about that and hope that this procedure will do the trick. Otherwise, I am looking at a hysterectomy on December 18th. I have a follow-up appointment with my GYN next week to discuss what we do next if anything.

I've missed chatting and doing any stamping because I couldn't sit long enough before the pain got too bad. )As a matter of fact, I couldn't do a anything for a long period of time including sleep.) I've also lost time at work and want to save any sick days left for my surgery in December (if necessary).

I've tried to check in from time to time, just lurking mostly. I hope all of you California ladies are okay and your homes were spared from the fires. It's good to be back and I hope to do some stamping this afternoon.

Thanks to those who thought of me and sent me pm's or emails. It really helped lift my spirits.

Amy S. :wub:

Robinkay
10-31-2007, 09:50 AM
Amy- It is so good to hear from you. That is wonderful that you are feeling much better. Missed ya!

mahodgman
10-31-2007, 09:50 AM
Welcome back, Amy, I'm glad you are feeling better!

threefriends91
10-31-2007, 10:08 AM
Welcome back Amy, Sorry to hear you were sick, l was away so l missed this report, However l had a problem about 20 years ago and had a D&C and it was great it worked for me, l will be praying that it works for you aswell. hugs to you

iloveflipflops
10-31-2007, 11:27 AM
I have been thinking about you and wondering where you have been. Now I feel bad for not sending something earlier! Shame on me!! Sorry to hear you have been in so much pain. I hope this did the trick!! When will you know if it worked?

Glad to see you back. I have missed ya!

Firecracker
10-31-2007, 11:59 AM
I'm glad you are feeling better. I hope the D&C solves your problems. I will keep you in my prayers. Have fun stamping! Hugs, Heather

ccstampin12
10-31-2007, 12:05 PM
Glad to see you here!
Hope you continue to feel good!
HUGS
Joanie

teabear
10-31-2007, 01:01 PM
Amy, I am so sorry to hear about your painful condition. I hope the feeling good stays and no surgery is needed.

scraphappy908
10-31-2007, 05:39 PM
Thanks ladies. I won't know the pathology results until sometime next week. Only time will tell if the pain will stay away but so far, so good. Everybody I talk to that has had a hyterectomy says it was the best thing. They all felt so much better afterward and wish they had done it sooner. So I'm trying to be optimistic about it.
Amy

maxiesmom
10-31-2007, 09:43 PM
Oh gosh Amy, I am so sorry to hear you have been having so many problems. If I don't see anyone, I just assume they are on when I'm not since I don't get to be on here all that much either.
Am very glad to hear your surgery was a success(I know, keeping fingers crossed!) Mostly wishing you many more pain free days.
hugs