View Full Version : Despite 3 frosts, my "little" garden is still mass producing these tomatoes ...

iloveflipflops
11-07-2007, 09:06 AM
I feel like summer will never end!! LOL

And this does not include the green tomatoes we picked and put in paper bags to help them ripen sooner....

Take a looksy :)

threefriends91
11-07-2007, 09:33 AM
Oh Sherri! we have snow here and ice, l am jealous. it seems like we went from a very hot summer right into winter it's so cold l had to wear my winter coat. l wish l couls send some snow your way LOL

Robinkay
11-07-2007, 10:18 AM
Oh sherri- Green Fried Tomatoes... Those look wonderful! How many tomatoe plants did you plant this year? YUM!!!!

TiikkiStars
11-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Wow! That's a lot of tomatoes!

I have a question for ya! Are green tomatoes (aka Fried Green Tomatoes) unripe regular tomatoes or a different kind of tomato altogether?

I had some for the first time when I was visiting my Dad and his wife in Kentucky two years ago and they were sooooooooooo good! I'm not much of a fan of tomatoes in general, so I was really unconvinced that I was going to like them. One bite, they tasted lemony, and absolute heaven!

:> Karen

workin4stamps
11-07-2007, 10:27 AM
I love tomatoes!!! I want some!

Traci

Christie
11-07-2007, 10:31 AM
wow that's a lot of tomatoes! they look yummy!!

cindi
11-07-2007, 10:45 AM
into sauce and /or salsa
both are good for you & low cal!
:)

Robinkay
11-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Yep...Fried Green Tomatoes are unripe. I put flour,salt & pepper together and fry them in butter!(I sound like Paul Deen don't I) They do have a tart taste. YUM!

I have a question for ya! Are green tomatoes (aka Fried Green Tomatoes) unripe regular tomatoes or a different kind of tomato altogether?

I had some for the first time when I was visiting my Dad and his wife in Kentucky two years ago and they were sooooooooooo good! I'm not much of a fan of tomatoes in general, so I was really unconvinced that I was going to like them. One bite, they tasted lemony, and absolute heaven!

:> Karen[/quote]

cindi
11-07-2007, 11:59 AM
Yep...Fried Green Tomatoes are unripe. I put flour,salt & pepper together and fry them in butter!(I sound like Paul Deen don't I) They do have a tart taste. YUM!

:> Karen[/QUOTE]

and we have always used large unripe tomatoes
:)

teabear
11-07-2007, 05:16 PM
yummy! I'm coming over for a tomato sandwich. Love those fried green tomatos like grandma makes...mmmmm! I think she puts a little flour or cornmeal on hers before frying them.

iloveflipflops
11-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Ok girls ... Fried Green Tomatoes DOES NOT sound good to me at all. No thank you!!!