PDA

View Full Version : CB Embossing Folders

ChristyR
11-08-2007, 01:00 PM
Awhile back we talked about embossing with CB folders with a rolling pin can someone refresh my memory on this. I bought a folder the other day and want to use it. I tried it the way i was thinking and it did not work as well as i wanted it too maybe i didn't put enough pressure on the rolling pin.????

thanks for your help. I am really thinking about investing in the cute little bug with my birthday money, What do you gals think??? I just love those embossing plates :)

Christie
11-08-2007, 01:02 PM
I read somewhere that your suppost to finally mist your paper first then do it. I've never done it this way before though.

ChristyR
11-08-2007, 01:19 PM
ok thanks Christie i will try that first, it makes sense duh i never even thought of that ;)

threefriends91
11-08-2007, 01:37 PM
Oh yes Christy! l have never tried this but l did read you have to mist your paper first. like you l want that little bug as well and have it on my wish list. good luck and have a rolling good time LOL

maxiesmom
11-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Christy, I say go for the Bug! Joann and Michael's will be having lots of coupons between now and Christmas. Use a 40 or 50% off coupon and have a ball!

Christie
11-08-2007, 08:04 PM
OH I missed part of that, I would most certainly buy the bug. you can use a M's 50% off coupon and get it for 40 bucks!! That's what I did.

ChristyR
11-08-2007, 09:34 PM
hey thanks gals ok i think i really want one now :) they are such cute little things :) I seen them in walmart for $65 but I already figured if i did get one it would be with a COUPON :)

mahodgman
11-08-2007, 11:18 PM
I could never get an even patterned with the rolling pin, so I bought the Bug! I don't remember now if I misted the paper or not, maybe I missed the trick. You will love your Cuttlebug, it is super easy to use and very portable!

mdcash
11-08-2007, 11:24 PM
I haven't tried it yet, but someone told me that you can put your CB folders through a pasta machine and it would work. If anyone gives it a try, let us know.

emmcee
11-09-2007, 08:18 AM
The cuttlebug folders also work with the Sixxix (sp?) machine as long as you have the converter thingie. You just have to move the folder every little bit to emboss your paper.