PDA

View Full Version : Prepare for tears!

inkinupstamps
11-09-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm a huge, HUGE fan of Josh Groban's music and I just picked up his new Christmas CD. I wasn't going to open it until closer to Christmas to play, but....well....it is JOSH GROBAN and I couldn't resist.

So I'm in my stamp studio doing some tidying up and playing the CD when the third cut comes on, "I'll be Home For Christmas." It starts with actual phone calls from soldiers to their families and calls from families to their beloved soldiers wishing them Merry Christmas, saying "I miss you" and....oh my gosh....I've got tears streaming down my face now.

It is really a lovely tribute piece.

I don't know if there are any other fans of Josh Groban's music. I think I'm his #1 fan but I have to urge you to, if nothing else, step into a music store where you can put the ear phones on and listen to some of the cuts.

I miss my son Matt so much and as I'm packing his Christmas box to mail to him in Iraq I feel like a little bit of love, music and big hugs go inside the package through the beautiful and touching music playing in the background.

cecescraps
11-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Oh, Jennifer- you made me cry! I can't begin to imagine what it must be like for you esp. this time of year and I just want you to know that I for one can not begin to express to you how much what Matt is doing for all us means to me!
I'm a huge Josh Groban fan also- his music touches the soul so, I think that all of those vibes will be put into that box and Matt will feel all the love when he opens it.

Cathi

My3Ds
11-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Jennifer - I don't even know the song, but got a little teary-eyed reading your post. I'm hoping Matt (as well as the others) will be home safe and sound before you know it. Sending big hugs to you both ((( )))

cindi
11-09-2007, 03:06 PM
you made me cry too.
I hope all our troops get love and support from back home. I thank Matt, (all troops really) and the faimlies for the sacrifices you all make for the rest of us.
BIG HUGS
:kiss:

threefriends91
11-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Oh Jennifer, You made me cry with your post, l have never heard Josh Groban's music but l'm sure going to check it out. l have just now finished Matt's Christmas card, his has been my first one for Christmas that l made, l pray it gets to him in time for Christmas.My heart and prayers, hugs, go out to you and these troops. l pray they get back home soon. Hugs to you.

ccstampin12
11-09-2007, 05:42 PM
I LOVE Josh Grobin!!!
I NEED this cd!!!
When did it come out? If it was this week, it's cheaper through tomorrow!
New ads come out on Sunday with the next week's releases on sale.
Enjoy your Christmas music! Feel badly that you had to cry over the one track....sometimes it just works out that something like that touches us.
HUGS
Joanie

Vintagegal
11-09-2007, 06:02 PM
HOLY SHAMOLEONS!

I don't think I could listen to that CD and that specific song. Jennifer, I'm now officially too chicken. I know I'll be bawling.

maxiesmom
11-09-2007, 11:26 PM
I do remember that you are a HUGE Joshie fan and I'm sure it did hit close to home with Matthew overseas. He has such a beautiful voice, I'll have to pick up that cd. Thanks for the heads up