PDA

View Full Version : My two sons are playing music together

MidwestStamper
11-26-2006, 06:40 PM
I'm planning a celebration for my parent's 50th Anniversary in a couple weeks--and one thing that my Mom requested is that her grandsons play some songs together. The older one plays trumpet and the younger one plays clarinet.

So, they are practicing some Hymns together, since that's what my parents will like. I think we've narrowed it down to "Great Is Thy Faithfulness" "I Love To Tell the Story" and "It Is Well With My Soul"

Trumpet and Clarinet can play from the same music, since they are both Bflat instruments. The trumpet is playing the 'first' part (melody) and the clarinet is playing 'second' part (harmony)--they're sounding pretty good!

We kind of laughed to ourselves when my Mom first requested this, since the only music they had played TOGETHER was Pep Band music (School song, Eye of the Tiger, Pirates of the Carribbean etc.) and music from Marching Band. None of this is what my Mom had in mind--so they are practicing more mellow music now! :cute:

cindi
11-26-2006, 08:12 PM
Your Mom will love it!! what a great thing for your sons to do!!:nod:
Very special gift to your mom.
:)

GrammaStamper
11-26-2006, 08:35 PM
Lidia, that's great! Isn't it amazing what kids will do for their grandparents. They will be very happy, indeed. Cudos to your sons, they sound like terrific young men.