PDA

View Full Version : Oprah's Favorite Things - Who's Watching?

My3Ds
11-20-2007, 04:33 PM
What did you think about the refridgerator? Pretty awesome, huh?! I wouldn't even know how to operate it. :laugh: Wouldn't you like to be in the audience on the day she tapes this show.

iloveflipflops
11-20-2007, 04:36 PM
I'm tivoing it and will watch it later tonight.

My3Ds
11-20-2007, 04:37 PM
You can go online to get the list if you don't feel like watching.

MnMommy2
11-20-2007, 04:38 PM
Oprah comes on at 4pm here and I am going to set my DVR to record!

ccstampin12
11-20-2007, 05:06 PM
Yup!
I just watched it~
I always thought this show each year was taped in Chicago, but this one was in Macon, GA. Wouldn't you just LOVE to be in the audience on this show!
Actually, I'd love to be in the audience ANY show!
LOL
Joanie

IMBlessed5
11-20-2007, 06:11 PM
oh yeah, I'd be bawling like a baby if I was there! LOL!

I LOVED that refrigerator! I flipped to another channel the next hour to watch it again so the kids could see that fridge. A built in TV, digital slide show screen, push a button for the forecast, DVD hook up, dang! I wasn't surprised when she said $3799!

GrammaStamper
11-20-2007, 06:31 PM
I recorded it and will go watch it in a bit, but I'll be waiting for that fridge. I only missed the first 6 minutes, so I hope it wasn't first.

My3Ds
11-20-2007, 09:29 PM
oh yeah, I'd be bawling like a baby if I was there! LOL!

I LOVED that refrigerator! I flipped to another channel the next hour to watch it again so the kids could see that fridge. A built in TV, digital slide show screen, push a button for the forecast, DVD hook up, dang! I wasn't surprised when she said $3799!

Too bad it doesn't also prepare the stinkin' meals for us. Now that would be a fridge to have. I hate deciding what to have for dinner.

IMBlessed5
11-20-2007, 10:23 PM
I hate deciding what to have for dinner.
OMG! That's the part I hate too! Now if someone would plan my quick'n'easy menu AND do my grocery shopping, then I'd be ok. LOL

Ok, back on track. Barb - the fridge is a little more than half way through so you didn't miss it!

irishchristine
11-21-2007, 02:17 PM
I love the dvd set that she showed but a little to rich for my blood over $800!

suzi_f
11-21-2007, 04:32 PM
Ok, I'm not a big Oprah fan but Becca taped it (thought it was the Miley Cyrus episode). So, I went ahead & watched. I have a few questions maybe y'all can answer: Did the audience not know they were getting the goodies. They didn't seem as excited as I thought they would be if they didn't know. (I would have had a heart attack). It seemed to me that the audience was "paired" like they were each there w/a friend. If so, does each person get the gifts or does only one person get them? I know a previous year, Oprah paid the taxes (the year the entire audience was school teachers). Is that the norm now?

IMBlessed5
11-21-2007, 06:49 PM
Supposedly, the audience thought Oprah was there to do simply do a show from Macon, home of her most loyal viewers according to statistics. She surprised them and as soon as she said "My Favorite Things" the crowd went NUTS! Screaming, bawling, you name it. Generally, each person gets one of everything but I did notice a few "couples" so I don't know how that is handled. At some points they were obviously excited and some points it didn't show but perhaps it was edited out so they could fit everything into an hour time slot. That would be my guess. It would go on for a very long time (and get annoying LOL) if we had to listen to ALL the screaming after every single prize. LOL!