PDA

View Full Version : Sherry - What time do you pick up your adorable puppy tomorrow?

iloveflipflops
11-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Are you all ready for Lincoln to come home? Are the kids super excited????

Can't wait to hear how it goes....

Sherry
11-28-2006, 06:55 AM
We are SUPER excited for Lincoln's arrival today! His plane lands at 5:15pm so we will probably leave here around 3:00pm for the drive to the airport. I'm taking the camera and will probably shoot some photos/movies. Perhaps I'll share a movie with ya'll if you don't mind me acting a fool and cooing over my dog :nod:

inkinupstamps
11-28-2006, 09:16 AM
We are SUPER excited for Lincoln's arrival today! His plane lands at 5:15pm so we will probably leave here around 3:00pm for the drive to the airport. I'm taking the camera and will probably shoot some photos/movies. Perhaps I'll share a movie with ya'll if you don't mind me acting a fool and cooing over my dog :nod:

Oh dear, if you think you are "acting a fool and cooing over" your dog, I'd hate to think what you've been saying about me!:wub:

I'm so excited for you and your family. I don't think I'd be able to sit still and continuously watching the clock for it to be time to leave for the airport. My DH and I were talking about you and Lincoln's arrival last night! Oh the fun begins.

On a side note, I hope you slept well last night....tonight might be...uh...a FULL night! :cute:

Sherry
11-28-2006, 09:44 AM
Oh dear, if you think you are "acting a fool and cooing over" your dog, I'd hate to think what you've been saying about me!:wub:

I'm so excited for you and your family. I don't think I'd be able to sit still and continuously watching the clock for it to be time to leave for the airport. My DH and I were talking about you and Lincoln's arrival last night! Oh the fun begins.

On a side note, I hope you slept well last night....tonight might be...uh...a FULL night! :cute:

I am ready for the full night ahead of me! I'm going to try a few of the tips the breeder has suggested. One is to place the crate beside my bed and let my arm dangle in front of it so that Lincoln can see and "smell" me there. Also, she will be sending a blanket with the mother/sibling scent so hopefully this will make things a little easier on him.

I am not looking forward to the countless trips down the stairs and outside into the cold night for bathroom breaks though. Brrrr....it's chilly out there today so I can imagine it will be really nice tonight :swoon:. This is the second puppy that I have had to housebreak in the winter months. Oh well, he is sooooo worth it!

inkinupstamps
11-28-2006, 10:00 AM
Sherry, that is exactly how we did it and yes the first night 'Bella woke up a number of times, but she really did seem comforted being in her pen right next to our bed and Paul had his arm inside the pen most of the night.

Also, our breeder gives all puppies a going home stuffed animal that she had in the kennel with the momma dog from the time they were born. (LOL - she must have stock in stuffed animals for all the pups she sends home.) Anyway, 'Bella STILL sleeps with her teddy bear...though now adays she mauls it, shakes it, licks it and then falls asleep with it.:biglaugh:

Brrrrr...keep your warm slippers/boots next to the door.:SLEEP: I don't envy the winter time midnight calls but I do envy the joy of the new pup! I'm so excited for you!

LOOKING FORWARD to seeing your videos/photos!!!