PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol Inks

tojoco
11-28-2006, 11:39 PM
So I went to Hobby Lobby this evening and I bought a dozen clear craft glass Christmas balls. I love what you guys did with the Christmas balls and alcohol inks and I want to try the technique.

But where do I find alcohol inks? Should I venture out to Michaels? Do you think they carry them? I know the lss has them but it's quite a distance and I really don't feel like driving out there tomorrow.

If you know for a fact that Michael's doesn't carry them, then I'll wait until I can drive out to the lss.:cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks

Far North
11-29-2006, 12:34 AM
Joanne--our M's does not carry AI but that could be due to shipping issues...cause no one carries them locally. Some internet sites say they must be shipped by ground but I have always experienced super fast shipping with ARS. Hope you can find them local okay!

I got THE LAST box of clear ornaments from J's today.
...Jan

iloveflipflops
11-29-2006, 06:07 AM
My HL carries the alcohol inks near the other inks. Did you check there? AC Moore also has them.

tojoco
11-29-2006, 07:28 AM
Yes I went to HL last night and they didn't have any. We don't have an AC Moores around here. Boo Hoo!

mahodgman
11-29-2006, 08:20 AM
I've never seen them at Ms or Js! I have a local craft store called Artco that does carry them. Unfortunately, they don't take coupons from the other stores, that would be nice. I have to go get some more balls and try this again. I made 6 of them over the weekend, and I just had the hardest time with them. I guess I want some more punishment! Janes turned out great, but mine sure didn't look like hers.

lost luggage
11-29-2006, 10:33 AM
Here is the best website I have found for the inks- flat rate shipping too:

http://www.scrapbooking-warehouse.com/

Christie
11-29-2006, 10:55 AM
I bought mine at HL. They were with the stamps and inks hanging on the wall. My Ms didn't carry them. Hope you find them because they are fun to use!

lost luggage
11-29-2006, 11:01 AM
oh....YEs- there are not available at Joanns or Michael's..

What's good about the online place is that you can buy the individual colors, you don't have to buy the three pack. That's where I buy most of mine.

flyingflower
11-29-2006, 11:14 AM
If I buy a 3pk & a 2pk of additive at scrapbooking warehouse w/ flat rate shipping, it = 3 inks & 2 additives at LSS. Sooooo, if I buy a ton on line I save a ton, right?!

lost luggage
11-29-2006, 12:41 PM
That's how I figure ;)

I always buy from this place. They are great. I always check the prices with coupons at the LSS and this place's every day prices win. :)