PDA

View Full Version : are SNOWMAN images only for Christmas cards?

loobylou
12-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Jan (Logcabincreations) sent me the cutest snowman images. I want to know do I save them to use on next year's Christmas cards, or do you make snowman cards for other occasions too?
Like could I use them on Flood cards with a "non-Christmas" theme?
p.s. I have coloured them already cos they were so adorable.

ETA I just uploaded a snowman card here (http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=12046&limit=recent)

iloveflipflops
12-16-2007, 06:30 PM
I use snowman images all through winter. As long as they aren't holding a stocking or a Christmas tree, I say its good through March .... that's what I do anyway and no one has ever said anything to me. lol

loobylou
12-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Sherri, I just KNEW you'd be the first to reply!
So should I save them and send them in MY winter to cool some of the floodees off when they are steaming hot? Or make them up now and send as winter flood cards?

iloveflipflops
12-16-2007, 06:49 PM
I would send them NOW in your winter flood cards but that is me. I wonder what others think of this !?!?!

tojoco
12-16-2007, 07:39 PM
I would do both. Since it's your summer now, I would send some to us northerners now and then when it's your winter, it would be "cool" to receive a snowman card in our summer.

cindi
12-16-2007, 07:41 PM
non Christmas snowmen all winterr! they are just too cute to put away!
:)

Christie
12-16-2007, 07:51 PM
I think they are for winter too!

hutchink
12-16-2007, 08:42 PM
All winter for me! I think snowman and snowflakes are good until March...but I do not want any on my Birthday card...te he he...I'm sick of snow by then!

Jovi
12-16-2007, 08:47 PM
I use snowmen images throughout the winter. ;)

Paula Carden
12-16-2007, 09:27 PM
All winter-I think it would be cute if you sent your winter stamped cards out in our summer-cool us down. I love snowmen-all snowmen- cute-cute!

My3Ds
12-16-2007, 09:29 PM
I say they are good through the winter. I leave my snowmen collection out until sometime in Feb. usually (or sooner if I get sick of looking at them). :)

loobylou
12-16-2007, 09:37 PM
OK you are all saying they are good for all of winter- but my winter is June, July August. Would they be OK in my winter (your summer)?

suzi_f
12-16-2007, 09:38 PM
I say your winter, our winter. YOU get to use them whenever you want!! Lucky you!! Hmmm, do y'all get snow in the winter?? I need to educate myself on the Australian ways!

loobylou
12-16-2007, 09:59 PM
no snow by me, but in the very south of my state they get snow on the mountain, and in New South Wales and Victoria they get snow and actually have snow fields/resorts. I will take my kids one day

mdcash
12-17-2007, 01:20 AM
Snowmen and snowflakes are great all winter. I use them as long as its cold outside.

Swanie78
12-17-2007, 03:51 AM
I love snowmen, so I think ANY time of year is good ;)
If I got one in July, I'd wonder why, but if it was coming from someone experiencing winter then I think it would be cool.
Now I want to see the snowman :)

loobylou
12-17-2007, 05:15 AM
so do you all find it weird to get sunny cards from me in the middle of your winter? or is it a welcome burst of sunshine? I may need to rethink my flood cards!

loobylou
12-17-2007, 07:20 AM
I took your advice and made a snowman card. I am now covered in ultrafine glitter.
You can see the results HERE (http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=12046&limit=recent).
what do you think?

iloveflipflops
12-17-2007, 07:36 AM
This is super cute!! I would love to get any fun card from you Sarah whether its a snowman or flip flops :).

Swanie78
12-17-2007, 07:51 AM
so do you all find it weird to get sunny cards from me in the middle of your winter? or is it a welcome burst of sunshine? I may need to rethink my flood cards!
Well, I'm not part of the flood cards thing (and so far haven't done the birthday cards either, along with no christmas cards this year :() but the random Shackie cards I get in the mail REALLY make my day! No matter what season, what reason, or what is on them.
The toughest part for me is figuring out how I can display them all...lol
So I'd say if a particular card strikes you to send it to a particular person then you should. As crafters, we all really know that its the thought that counts and that a lot of work goes into not only making them, but getting them out. :D

inkinupstamps
12-17-2007, 08:36 AM
I took your advice and made a snowman card. I am now covered in ultrafine glitter.
You can see the results HERE (http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=12046&limit=recent).
what do you think?

What a cute, cute, CUTE snowman card! I don't think snowmen are only for Christmas. In fact, my Christmas thank you cards to send for thanks for gifts received and parties hosted have snowmen on them.

I think it would be very COOL (pun intended) to receive a snowman card during our hot summer and your snowy cold time. I love that idea. Send away when you get snow! I'd love it! :)

threefriends91
12-17-2007, 08:42 AM
l think you could use them all winter. They are so cute!!