PDA

View Full Version : A BIG question

bubblegum girl
11-29-2006, 04:46 PM
is there any difference between the Kai scissors and SU's "Craft and Rubber Scissors"??? Are the C&R scissors worth the $28? thanks

Erin K
11-29-2006, 04:59 PM
same things. :)

I belive the SU ones are "double shapened" like the TAC ones and they are just even sharper. But I don't have those, I have ones I got at the LSS for less than $28 and they work just fine.

But wherever you get them they are worth it. They are a must have.

Whoopsie Daisy!
11-29-2006, 05:09 PM
Can't say that they are the one and the same because SU won't give out that information... the Craft & Rubber Scissors were made specifically for SU. Due to vendor restrictions and agreements, the vendor remains anonymous.

Having said that, regardless of where you purchase these scissors, they are definitely worth the extra money. I've been using kitchen scissors and regular scissors and nothing compares to these when it comes to trimming stamps.

Jane

scrappinnuts
11-29-2006, 05:42 PM
Chelsey.. I have the KAI..bought them on Ebay..for a really good price..Sherri suggested the scissors..and I love them..very good quality...they work great and are easy on the hands...hows the job going?

mydogstinks2
11-29-2006, 05:44 PM
The SU ones are KAI. Mine are from SU and they say KAI right on them.

bubblegum girl
11-29-2006, 05:50 PM
ok, thanks everyone:cute: i dont mind spending the money on good quality scissors of it will keep my hands from crippling (jk) thanks for the advise

shuggy
11-29-2006, 05:54 PM
they are so worth it!!

mahodgman
11-29-2006, 08:34 PM
I just looked at my SU scissors, and they don't say Kai on them anywhere. They only say Stampin Up! and Made in the USA. My SU punches don't say EK Sucess on them either, but they are the same as the EK Sucess ones. I don't think EK sells the same size cirlces and squares as SU, though. I bet they are exclusive about that. And my new cutter only says SU on it, but it is made by Tonic.:notworthy:

Whoopsie Daisy!
11-29-2006, 09:29 PM
I just looked at my SU scissors, and they don't say Kai on them anywhere. They only say Stampin Up! and Made in the USA. My SU punches don't say EK Sucess on them either, but they are the same as the EK Sucess ones. I don't think EK sells the same size cirlces and squares as SU, though. I bet they are exclusive about that. And my new cutter only says SU on it, but it is made by Tonic.:notworthy:

So I called SU after reading Chelsey's post and they just said that they couldn't say who made them for SU because of company/vendor agreements and policies. I tried. :cute:

Jane

StampinMom
11-29-2006, 10:54 PM
The SU scissors are definitely worth the money. They cut through rubber like a hot knife cuts through butter.