PDA

View Full Version : Insides of cards

nicolette
11-29-2006, 07:54 PM
As I was looking through the gallery at all the wonderful cards, I began to wonder what everyone does on the insides of their cards. Do you leave them blank to be filled out later?(if you are the one sending them) Do you stamp a verse/saying in them? What do you all do?

nicole

Christie
11-29-2006, 07:58 PM
I usually leave them blank until I use them. If I am making cards for someone else then I stamp the appopriate saying inside.

iloveflipflops
11-29-2006, 08:07 PM
I leave mine blank too until I use them...

CRAFTNMOM
11-29-2006, 08:29 PM
I leave them blank, and either write a note when I send them or add the sentiment them. :nod:
Catherine

mahodgman
11-29-2006, 08:38 PM
Blank for me too. I very rarely stamp anything on the inside. When I send a card it forces me to write a personal note which I think is a good thing.

jdpisces
11-29-2006, 08:43 PM
If I have an appropriate sentiment, I will stamp it on the inside. Otherwise, I generally just leave them blank.

Julie

Paula Carden
11-29-2006, 09:10 PM
I stamp appropriate sentiment on the inside when it is time to use it.
Most of the time I add a personal note as well.
Paula

lost luggage
11-29-2006, 10:02 PM
I use most of mine as note cards...so I too leave the insides blank. :)

Far North
11-30-2006, 12:45 AM
Some other thoughts about the inside of the card-- some mags like PC has some sample sentiments monthly (see last page) which can be helpful if you get stuck for words. Some people use rub-on sentiments. I like to stamp a small version of the front image on the inside and envelope. I often do this when making the card and wait until use for the appropriate sentiment.
...Jan

inkinupstamps
11-30-2006, 06:45 AM
Some other thoughts about the inside of the card-- some mags like PC has some sample sentiments monthly (see last page) which can be helpful if you get stuck for words. Some people use rub-on sentiments. I like to stamp a small version of the front image on the inside and envelope. I often do this when making the card and wait until use for the appropriate sentiment.
...Jan

I like this idea, Jan! Having the envelope match the card, whether it is with the sentiment, image or patterned paper really makes a 'pulled together' look for the card. :cute:

GrammaStamper
11-30-2006, 08:56 AM
Mostly mine are blank. On occasion, I will stamp a small image on the inside, left side of the card, if I have an appropriate stamp.

Erin K
11-30-2006, 10:40 AM
Usually mine are blank, but Brian (who I force to review each card I make) says he really likes something to be in there, so I've been putting small images or phrases in there lately. It's fun. Either way is great though I think.

Oh Sherri (mooseflops, iloveflipflops) always stamps something on the backs of hers, You know where you would put a personalized stamp, but she seems to have an ENDLESS supply of adorable little things to put back there. I love that, the back is as much a treat as the front!

Alli
11-30-2006, 01:25 PM
I leave them blank until I need them but when I send them I sometimes put an insert inside them with a verse. I have Greeting Card Factory and so I can generate an insert for any occasion. My MIL is a person who cares more about the vers than the hours of work involved in a card for her! :mask: So I always put a verse in her card.
Sometimes I just stamp a sentiment, but more often than not I print a verse.

Far North
12-03-2006, 10:43 AM
I leave them blank until I need them but when I send them I sometimes put an insert inside them with a verse. I have Greeting Card Factory and so I can generate an insert for any occasion. My MIL is a person who cares more about the vers than the hours of work involved in a card for her! :mask: So I always put a verse in her card.
Sometimes I just stamp a sentiment, but more often than not I print a verse.
Alli that is a great idea to print off a series of choices for the inside. I am making a gift for a family member who this will be the perfect solution!
THANKS so much for sharing your idea!
...Jan