PDA

View Full Version : Official Information About the Shoebox Swap

spredbirds
12-31-2007, 09:25 AM
Here is the Official information about the Shoebox Swap that we are going to be doing at Shackapalooza!

You will decide on a project for all of the other Shackies attending. It could be a card, a bookmark, a coaster, or any alterable item but must include stamping.

Once you have decided on the item (and made one for yourself) then collect all of the necessary items to make that project for the # of Shackies that will be at the event. (The number of Shackies will be determined by April 1st)

All of your supplies will then go into a shoebox (or other container - corrugate box, Iris case, what ever)

For supplies please include everything in the box that is used on your sample: cardstock, ink, adheasive, scissors, embellishments, etc, etc. The project should be able to be completed only from what is in your shoebox.

At Shackapalooza we will put a number on your project. Everyone will get a checklist with all of the projects and will be able to work on them and complete them at their own pace. You simply take the box to your workstation and then put it back once you're complete and take another one.

By April 15th, send me an MS Word document with instructions on how to make your creation and a picture/scan of it. I will compile all of these and you will have a wonderful idea book to take home with you in addition to all of the creations that you will be making.

Even if you are coming for just one of the days or a few ... it is still possible to participate ... you can make those that you can and take the supplies home for those that you don't finish.

I hope that was clear .... PM me with any questions! This is going to be a great event!!!!

Spartymom
12-31-2007, 12:20 PM
This is a fun idea. Now i'll have to think of something to do. Cool.

mydogstinks2
12-31-2007, 02:24 PM
for my shoe box project I'm going to do a coaster frame. I will bring my camera printer so we can take a group photo and add the photo to the frame.

Robinkay
03-14-2008, 11:38 PM
I guess I am gonna make the domino magnets. Now I have to think if instructions of how to make them.... :+o Easier said than done!

kimmyqtgirl
03-15-2008, 08:28 AM
Hmmm I was going to do quilling for everyone to try but no stamping with that. I will have to think of something else. I am going to have to do some searching for a cool technique for us all to play with.

Christie
03-15-2008, 08:52 AM
Man this sounds like a lot of fun! I wish I was rich and could join you all. I know you all are going to have a terrific time!

logcabincreations
03-15-2008, 08:59 AM
Man this sounds like a lot of fun! I wish I was rich and could join you all. I know you all are going to have a terrific time!

Me too....but as everyone has heard me say a lot lately....I'm broke!!!

spredbirds
04-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Here is an update ....

It looks like we are going to have 18 gals at the Shackapalooza!!! (4 are still on the fence)

Again ... the shoebox swap is optional!!! ... Do not ... I repeat do not stress about this!!! but it WILL be fun!

Once you have come up with your idea make one sample and take a picture ... email me the picture and the directions on how to make your creation ... email address is [email protected]. Please send this to me by April 20th!

I will then be making folders for everyone with all of the projects and directions.

Then it will be time to put your box together!!! Make sure you put all of your supplies such as ink, stamps, cardstock, scissors etc in the box (enough supplies to make 18 projects).

At Shackapalooza all of the projects will be placed on a table and labeled. At your leisure you will pick a project off of the table and complete it (at your leisure).

This is really a FUN thing! Last weekend I went to an Angel Company event where we made 70 projects in one weekend ... it was SO much fun. You will come home with a bunch of different projects and ideas!

If you have too much going on and can not bring a project ... DO NOT WORRY ... you can still make the others projects and if you only want to make 1 that's ok too .... it is all whatever you want to do!! Projects will just be available for whoever wants to do them!

If you have any more questions please email me!!!

This is going to be such a GREAT event!!!

spredbirds
04-21-2008, 10:36 PM
Another update.......

If you haven't told me that you are making a project PLEASE do so soon!!!

I am making notebooks that will contain all of our project sheets and checklists to check them off.

If you have put together your instruction sheet please email it to me at [email protected] .....

I'm getting excited ... what about you???!!!!

directmailscrapper
04-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Chelsea, check your e-mail!

Spartymom
04-22-2008, 06:33 AM
a notebook for us, how neat. You are doing a great job. Now to double check that i have enough stuff for everyone.