PDA

View Full Version : bra question

inkypingers
12-31-2007, 09:56 AM
I have been wondering this for a while, and since this is such an open forum, I thought I would just ask this.
Since I have had 3 children and my "girls" have "gone south"
so to speak :huh:
I have had a hard time keeping my girls where they belong
in my over the shoulder boulder holder :laugh:
I am currently using the barely there brand of bra
from Kohl's, it is comfortable, but I find myself making many
adjustments and wondering how the girls are looking while I am out.
Am I crazy or am I just being hyper about it?
Is this common, or is it just the brand of bra I am using?
Many inky thanks,
Jennifer

maxiesmom
12-31-2007, 10:19 AM
Mine have gone south just from gravity, don't even have any kiddos to blame for it! I only seem to think about where they are when I'm naked and getting in the shower. I told DH awhile back that if he ever was totally healthy again and we were finally living a normal life again, I 'might' want to have them replaced to their former place on my chest, nothing added, just repositioned. So then he felt he had to share this information with my mother & uncle when we were out to dinner one night! So random and out of the blue ' your daughter wants to get a boob job'! Sometimes I wonder what is wrong with this man!

Can't help you on style, I am very picky, hate underwires and back closures. I have some very old bras that I should be ashamed of being seen in. Probably why the girls have gone south, no support!
Well at least maybe I gave you a good laugh!

toao
12-31-2007, 10:40 AM
I HAD the same problem...now my girls are where they used to be...without surgery. Go to Victoria's Secret. Get them to measure you. Even if you THINK you know your bra size, trust me, get them to measure. I was having a "spillage" problem. You know, Quad-Boob...where they fall over the top of the bra. Anyway, I swear by the VS Body by Victoria, lightly lined FULL coverage bra. It's smooth, covers it all, and hoists those puppies back to where they were meant to be. Yes, they are a little pricey. I think I pay about $43.00 per bra for mine, but they are SO worth it.

Mary

My3Ds
12-31-2007, 10:43 AM
I hate them (the girls and the bras). But, I'm with Mary go get fitted. You'll be happier (and so will the girls). :)

scrappinnuts
12-31-2007, 11:48 AM
I agree with Mary... get fitted...Body by VS are sooooo...worth it...being rather "top" since I was 12.... I have always worn a good fitting Bra...and VS are winners IMO!

Nancy
12-31-2007, 12:10 PM
I was amazed after I went to a fitter, how comforable my bras are now. The straps dont even fall off my shoulders and that is such a comfort also. - Nancy

Patty
12-31-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm off to see Vicky--I swear if I was youngr I'd have reduction surgery--could be a donor--

Christie
12-31-2007, 12:44 PM
I got fitted once but they didn't know what they were doing. The bra they gave me is soooo tight I can't even wear it. I need to go somewere like VS but I don't think they sell bras for overweight people so I'll have to find another place to go.

HeatherJ
12-31-2007, 12:47 PM
My last bra purchase cost me $98 plus tax! It is a Goddess brand. The girls are big and I can't buy off the rack. I said I either need to get a fatter back to be able to buy a bigger band size because they seem to all come in the larger letters, but not the small bands. So I have to shop at the boutiques, not Victoria Secret for me! I am going to try online next, I see the same brand on there for under $40 US so that would still be better than $98 to get it to Canada with shipping, etc.

teabear
12-31-2007, 12:52 PM
Nordstrom is wonderful about bra fitting. I wear Wacoal brand bras that I buy at Nordstrom. They do run about $40-$50, and you can find them at the 1/2 yearly sale for less. I started wearing them when I was pregnant and you know how things get out of hand then. You do need to replace bras at least yearly depending on how many you have, since they stretch out.

mjbonoan
12-31-2007, 01:49 PM
Another good place to get fitted is JC Penny.

suzi_f
12-31-2007, 02:14 PM
I had one bra fitting when I was PG w/ds. I'm ample (large, big, HUGE) chested and had a hard enough time finding a bra when I wasn't pregnant. Anyway, she fitted me w/this nice bra and all was good. The bra even held things up w/o the use of the straps. (only 10% of your support is supposed to come from the straps. Yeah right!) I wore it for a couple of days, hand washed it, line dried it & it became CRAP. No support what-so-ever. Biggest waste of $$$ ever. Now I "get by" w/what I can buy at Macy's. One day, they are going to perfect the breast transfusion & I can get rid of these things!!

stampcrazyjulie
12-31-2007, 03:03 PM
Love this thread since I am right there with you. After 4 Kids & pumpimg with each one I am really bummed about what I have left. I was actually more flat chested before...but now I am just a sagger......I too was fitted at VS, but I can't stand the underwire brands & anything that is too snug around the back.

Too funny that you brought this up...I needed a smile! :)

Becky P
12-31-2007, 03:21 PM
*LOL* Love reading this. I wear the JUST MY SIZE from Walmart. I am cheap. I get the huuuuuuuumongo ones that just cover everything.

I have heard that it is really a MUST to get fitted though.

inkypingers
12-31-2007, 03:54 PM
then he felt he had to share this information with my mother & uncle when we were out to dinner one night! So random and out of the blue ' your daughter wants to get a boob job'! Sometimes I wonder what is wrong with this man!

Your husband was giving new meaning to the word "boob,"
being one not the ones on the chest!!!!! That must have
been super awkward :worried:

The funniest description I have heard for the braless look so
far is "rock in a sock."

This is kind of off topic, well kind of :cute:

I think I def. need to go have a fitting, and VS is the only store I have around me that has been mentioned. I am def. desperate for a good
fit. Thanks for helping me ladies, U R the best! :nod:
Inky hugs,
Jennifer

stampinmom3
12-31-2007, 04:24 PM
I was just talking to my gf at work about this today. My problem...try to find a plus size bra in a B cup. Hello.. not all big chicks have big b..bs.

toao
12-31-2007, 04:29 PM
No problem Jennifer, you know we're always here for SUPPORT! lol

Mary

ccstampin12
12-31-2007, 05:10 PM
I am laughing my butt off here!
You gals are so funny!
I have no words of wisdom here......I definitely need some professional help in the bra department!
(Maybe other departments too!!!) LOL
Joanie

Suzanne
12-31-2007, 10:29 PM
I have gone to VS, JCPenneys & Macys to be fitted and I still don't have a bra that fits comfortable. I always try the sizes they tell me too and I still can't find one that fits right.

The girls are in desperate need of support and soon. Before I had kids I wore a B cup and now I wear a D or maybe a DD. I so want my B's back!!!

GSMom385
01-01-2008, 12:29 AM
This is a good thread. Too funny!! The girls at work had some sort of bra party, that I went to. I don't recall the brand, I just remember they put stars on your girls and then had you try on the new bra and showed you how much your stars moved, mine weren't as saggy as I thought they were. I have never laughed so hard in my life. Of course we had a little bit of liquid courage flowing that night too. I am a cross your heart girl myself, but they are really hard to find anymore. The one I got at the party is good too, but it should be for what it cost.

MyRnAbS
01-01-2008, 09:20 PM
I HAD the same problem...now my girls are where they used to be...without surgery. Go to Victoria's Secret. Get them to measure you. Even if you THINK you know your bra size, trust me, get them to measure. I was having a "spillage" problem. You know, Quad-Boob...where they fall over the top of the bra. Anyway, I swear by the VS Body by Victoria, lightly lined FULL coverage bra. It's smooth, covers it all, and hoists those puppies back to where they were meant to be. Yes, they are a little pricey. I think I pay about $43.00 per bra for mine, but they are SO worth it.

Mary

OMG!! After my many years of torture I hear this!! :shocked: Okay so it's off to VS for me! Trust me in order to get my girls back up to normal (sort of), I'd pay whatever the cost!!! Thanks for sharing this with us!!

TiikkiStars
01-02-2008, 12:10 AM
I so hear you about how low they can go! After two kids, nursing, and gaining and loosing weight over the years, I'm sitting WAY lower than I would like to be....especially for my age (they are gonna be at my ankles in another ten/twenty years!!). I'm currently wearing a Lane Bryant bra (can't remember which particular style, but there's only one that lifts them high enough), but since I've lost weight, I'm back into a "normal" size and will go back to Wonder Bras for the next one as those are the only ones that have ever provided enough lift for me. I've tried Wacoal, which I know Oprah swears by for lifting the girls to where they should be, but I sink, even in those. How depressing! A friend who had four kids, all of which she nursed for an extended period of time, said that its like golf balls in tube socks!!! I laughed until I cried on that one, cause its true!! HA!
:> Karen

toao
01-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. I went from a cute size B cup to a EE when I was pregnant with Tori. Can we say "watermelon boobs"? I'm not joking. I am now down to a DD, so you can see I have the need for support. Even my best friend thinks I can't be that size, but I was in a regular D cup and there was spillage.

Don't be surprised when you get measured if your cup size goes up a cup or two.

Mary

MyRnAbS
01-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Mary,
YOU LITTLE OLE THING, cannot be a D size cup! But I'd have to see you to believe it! I've been thinking about breast reduction myself for quite a while now. I just have hated my bubis my entire life. I've had it with them ugly things. I am a 36C, and if I get measured and move up a size or so, then so be it Mary as long as the girls move up as well, kwim? You know the thing that buggs me the most is constantly worrying if the girls will sweat, kiwm? I hate that!! Plus the bras I have now are a bit big and I have lots of extra room on the bottom for that to happen. So off to VS I go, and I'll get back to you guys as soon as I have my girls back in order!! ;) I'm so dreadfully sorry about the TMI, hehehe! :lol: