PDA

View Full Version : ARGHHHHH... My Puppy ate my SU order

scrappinnuts
01-04-2008, 07:13 PM
We have a 7 month old German Shepard...an outside dog...Her name is Moose...she is very loving and playful...and loves to chew...She chewed up my 2 of my Birthday presents..my camera bag and my new camera chip...just the package on the chip...she burried the bag...found it many days later after she dugg it up!..she chewed through several boxes that came for Christmas...mostly the packaging not the actual gift...these I can forgive her for...but now she has gone to far....she stole my SU order...My custom name stamps and the level 3 hostess set that I pre-ordered... I can save the custom stamps....not the level 3 hostess set...she chewed up the blocks, 3 of the 9 stamps and the plastic box...I need to let our UPS man know that he can't just leave the package in the yard anymore... All I could think of is not my stamps. She really is in the dog house now!

GrammaStamper
01-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Oh man, can you follow her around with a pooper scooper? That's just too much.

scrappinnuts
01-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Oh man, can you follow her around with a pooper scooper? That's just too much.

I thought about it

emmcee
01-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Oh no, right before Christmas I got a Su order and Levi started chewing through the box. He got a few things out but everything was salvagable.

Our puppies can get into no good a lot of the time. Your poor stamp set.

Paula Carden
01-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Poor Moose-what we do for love-I bet she is cute even with the chewing of the stamps.
I have lost a few stamps and markers to our dog, but thankfully he is past that now.
I like the pooper-scoop idea-guess it would not help tho.

logcabincreations
01-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Oh my....I'm sorry this happened to you. I'm surprised your doggie hasn't attacked the mailman since she likes to chew. Good luck finding a solution.

Canadian, eh
01-04-2008, 09:58 PM
My heart breaks for you. I'm so sorry to hear that your dog is a chewer.

teabear
01-04-2008, 10:32 PM
Naughty puppy. I know when we had a dog that stole our neighbor's down comforter off the deck that our home insurance paid for it without a deductible. Maybe your homeowners will help out with all these losses.

scrappinnuts
01-04-2008, 10:47 PM
hmmm... that's a thought...now to convince my Husband..lol

Vintagegal
01-05-2008, 09:59 AM
Oh no! That dog of yours sure likes to chew on stuff, eh?

Swanie78
01-05-2008, 10:03 AM
Im not sure if they'll do it or not, but you should call your demo or SU themselves. They may replace the stamp set for you :)
I can't believe that she'd work that hard to get something to chew!!
You need to get that girl a Kong and fill it with lots of treats to keep her busy! LOL

scrappinnuts
01-05-2008, 11:17 AM
Im not sure if they'll do it or not, but you should call your demo or SU themselves. They may replace the stamp set for you :)
I can't believe that she'd work that hard to get something to chew!!
You need to get that girl a Kong and fill it with lots of treats to keep her busy! LOL

Kelly .... Whats a Kong? She has several large bones to keep her busy...but maybe I need to look into a Kong. I am a demonstrater for SU...it's mostly the wood blocks that are real damaged...I love stamps on wood blocks.. a few bite marks through one stamp...and one stamp was completely ruined..and the lables and the plastic box for storage.

Swanie78
01-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Kong Toy (http://www.kongcompany.com/worlds_best.html)
You fill it with treats.....dog bones, peanut butter, cheese, canned food, etc. Whatever her favorite treats are. The trick is to really stuff it full though so that she has a hard time getting the stuff out.
Its a distraction for them. They can try and bite the toy in half all they want, but its almost indestructible.
When my dads dog was a puppy, it was the only toy she didnt destroy. Once she grew out of the chewing phase, she didnt care about it anymore...lol
You can buy them at Petco/Petsmart and probably even Walmart/Target.

scrappinnuts
01-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Kong Toy (http://www.kongcompany.com/worlds_best.html)
You fill it with treats.....dog bones, peanut butter, cheese, canned food, etc. Whatever her favorite treats are. The trick is to really stuff it full though so that she has a hard time getting the stuff out.
Its a distraction for them. They can try and bite the toy in half all they want, but its almost indestructible.
When my dads dog was a puppy, it was the only toy she didnt destroy. Once she grew out of the chewing phase, she didnt care about it anymore...lol
You can buy them at Petco/Petsmart and probably even Walmart/Target.

Oh I am going to check into that...she destroys all of her toys..and what she doesn't she pushes under the fence for the dogs next door to play with...I but that's where my wooden blocks are..lol. Thanks for the info.. I am going to check into that.

kimmyqtgirl
01-05-2008, 01:33 PM
AWE MAN! It is really hard to decide what to buy too! I would love to see a pic of your puppy though I am a german shepherd lover! Thank god mine is not a chewer!

patg
01-05-2008, 02:17 PM
Oh Terry! I can sympathize with you. Hopefully this is just a growing stage with your puppy! I'm sorry it had to be your level 3 set. I would call SU and explain the situation to them - sometimes, they will just replace the damaged rubber. Keep us posted.
Pat

suzi_f
01-05-2008, 04:21 PM
You poor thing!! Poor puppy now has a taste for the rubbah! I'd call SU since you're only allowed 1 level 3, right? I'd at least give it a try! Good luck.

scrappinnuts
01-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the encouragement to call SU... I will do that on Monday...It couldn't hurt.

moon_beam23
01-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Oh that sucks!!! I'm sorry to hear that some of your stamps are unsalvagable.