PDA

View Full Version : We cleaned out the garage!

suzi_f
01-05-2008, 12:53 PM
3 full boxes of toys (why didn't we do this BEFORE Christmas??) are going toG Goodwill. I bag of stuffed animals is going with me to school (the little girls love going thru my old stuffed animals) and 2 bikes in perfect condition going.....I don't know where they are going. I hate to get rid of perfect bikes when I KNOW that next week I'll run into someone who could use them. I also have a huge bag of trash & about 15 empty boxes that are going into the recycling.

Now there is room in the garage to put the games that the kids don't play often & get them off the shelves down here so we have MORE room for Nick's legos. When do they outgrow legos? When can I get rid of them?

tojoco
01-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Suzie, NEVER! Corey is going to be 18 and he still have the Ferrari car he built on his dresser along with the Pirate's ship. I wanted him to take them apart and he said No he wants to keep them. We also have a huge bucket full of legos that he doesn't want to part with. He has actually used some of the legos on a high school project and believe it or not, I made myself a little stand to hold my cards when I want to take a picture of it to post in the gallery. So I would say to keep them around. There will always be a use for them.

suzi_f
01-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Funny you mentioned crafting uses; someone posted a homemade stamp-a-ma-jig made w/toddler legos. Luckily, I still have TODDLER legos as well as "grown up" legos. So, I made myself a SAMJ and save $20!

I'm saving the toddler legos (and Thomas trains & a HUGE Madeline doll house) for my g'kids. I HOPE I have to keep them a LONG LONG time (my kids are only 13 & 11!)