PDA

View Full Version : Private Messages?

HeatherID
10-16-2006, 09:35 PM
OK, this is weird - I can receive a PM, but I only have the option to delete it. How do I reply or send a new one?

Heather

lost luggage
10-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Hi Heather,

You can send one by clicking on "private messages" on the top of the page, by your name. When you click there, on the left, there will be a link "send a private message". Once there, a screen will come up in which you can type in the user name of who you want to send hte message to.

OR

You can click on anyone's name and email form there.

HTH

Julie :)

dgbearsmom
10-16-2006, 11:27 PM
There is a little button at the bottom right of the message to reply.

Judy

Sherry
10-17-2006, 07:11 AM
OK, this is weird - I can receive a PM, but I only have the option to delete it. How do I reply or send a new one?

Heather

Hi Heather,

If you are reading a PM and you want to reply to the message, just scroll down to the end of the message. On the right hand side, before the delete section, you will see two buttons: forward and reply.

If you want to send a new PM, there are several ways to do it.

Method 1:

Click on the Private Messages Link at the top left of the screen.
On the left hand side, under the "Private Messages" section, you will find a "Send New Message" link.

Method 2:

If you are reading a post and decide that you would like to send a poster a PM, simply click on their username (beside their avatar), and a drop down menu will appear. "Send a Private Message to....." will be listed.

Method 3:

If you check out someone's profile, you can Send PM's or an Email (if the user has set up her account to accept emails) from there.

Hope this has helped you out :)

Cheers!
Sherry

HeatherID
10-17-2006, 10:32 PM
Is it bizarre that I don't have a "Send a Private Message to..." when I click on a user name?

I have: "View Profile", "Send e-mail to", "Find all posts by" and "Add to Buddy List."

And I don't see the Private Messages link up by my name...

Any other ideas? :(
Heather

Erin K
10-17-2006, 11:47 PM
Is it bizarre that I don't have a "Send a Private Message to..." when I click on a user name?

I have: "View Profile", "Send e-mail to", "Find all posts by" and "Add to Buddy List."

And I don't see the Private Messages link up by my name...

Any other ideas? :(
Heather
that if the person doesn't have it selected to receive pm's you won't get that, so maybe they don't have that option selected under userCP?

Alli
10-18-2006, 03:25 PM
I have tried clicking on every person in this thread and send a pm is not an option in anyone's dropdown menu. Surely Sherry has hers enabled?:confused:
In fact, I have tried clicking on every person in every thread I have been on today, and that's a lot of threads, and I don't see pm on any of their menus!:confused: