PDA

View Full Version : I am not feeling very creative lately - I think ALL of my cards look the same...

iloveflipflops
11-30-2006, 09:35 PM
Look at my gallery and tell me the truth.

I printed off the card maps that Erin posted earlier and i just stare at it and I get nothing coming to the top of my head....

I like my cards and all but they all look IDENTICAL. Do they not? Tell the truth - I can handle it!!!! :chatterbox:

lost luggage
11-30-2006, 09:39 PM
LOL I was just thinking the SAME thing! All of my cards feature different sized rectangular cardstock, and are tent shaped. Tonight I am staying away from the cardboard vortex and going to tear something in another shape.

Film at 11.

(I also changed my itunes play list...hopefully that will help me. Ha!)

mydogstinks2
11-30-2006, 11:24 PM
LMAO!! I finished up my Christmas cards tonight and I thought the same thing! They have diffrent stamps and paper but the same basic design is there with all of them! Some have sewing and some have H2O's but they all look alike to me!

Perhaps we all have the same problem??

lost luggage
11-30-2006, 11:32 PM
Well...after two cards 'out of the box' tonight, I am ready to get back into my box. I think there is a reason why I was in there in the first place! LOL

iloveflipflops
12-01-2006, 05:58 AM
Ok, well at least its not just me. That makes me feel a little better :)

LinzyD
12-01-2006, 07:35 AM
I don't think it's a bad thing... :cute:
Linzy

mahodgman
12-01-2006, 10:02 AM
I just looked through your entire gallery, and I don't think they all look the same (ok, well that string of Shack Santas kind of do)! You do a good job of mixing it up.

workin4stamps
12-01-2006, 10:19 AM
Mary----- I always think the same thing about my cards. Like someone else said....I think it is just our "style"----you know that I have nothing but wonderful things to say about ALL of your cards!!!!!! I think it's a phase we all go through from time to time! I wouldn't give it another thought!!!

:-)
Traci

Erin K
12-01-2006, 10:29 AM
I do it too. All mine have either a band of color or a ribbon cutting the card in to two sections, one third and two thirds then an image stamped on a rectangle of cardstock placed at the two thirds point up and down on that band of color. I like this design, it appeals to me, but I've got to branch out! I just HAVE to.

Brian brought me home a binder yesterday and I'm going to collect up all the page maps and other sketches and put it in and force myself to use them.

One thing I will say for your cards Sherri is that you use pattern paper very well. I'm almost afraid of it and hardly use it. You seem to use it on almost all your cards and it looks great. I find that inspiring.

I can recognize almost any of your stuff (not just Sherri, all of you) at first glance though, so I guess we are all in the style boat. But that's fine, we all have signature looks! :) It's not like it's just us either, when I look in magazines I can tell the work of certain artists who are frequently published.

:nod:

emmcee
12-01-2006, 10:31 AM
I love all your cards, Sherri. I love everyone's cards. Mine always look the same too, just different colors or stamps. So after Christmas, I'm going to try to jump out of my box, but my box is such a safe haven, not very adventerous (sp?) however :confused:

inkinupstamps
12-01-2006, 10:48 AM
I can recognize almost any of your stuff (not just Sherri, all of you) at first glance though, so I guess we are all in the style boat. But that's fine, we all have signature looks! :) It's not like it's just us either, when I look in magazines I can tell the work of certain artists who are frequently published.

:nod:

Erin, I think your post is very profound! "...we all have signature looks!" Actually, I think that is a compliment to all of us who feel we get in a rut. Perhaps it isn't a rut, but rather our own groove!:nod:

teabear
12-01-2006, 01:16 PM
What if we have a sketch challenge once in a while. I know the creative team is doing weekly challenges. Maybe we could work in a sketch once a month. That would give us all a great reason to stretch our limits. Because, I think we all feel the same way about our work from time to time.