PDA

View Full Version : Update on my SIL Dad +

hutchink
01-09-2008, 09:53 PM
I got the call from my SIL today at NOON her Father passed away early this am. He made it two weeks passed what the Doctors thought he would! Everyone that was in WI made it home to say their goodbyes! The wake will not be until Sunday since so many are from out of state that need to get home.

Then next phone call I got was from BFF here in town- She has to have open heart surgery to repair a hole in her heart! She had not gotten the date set yet. She keeps telling he all these things she wants it she dies...it is scaring me so much. Her Family is all in Iowa so we are here WI family!

Then once again the phone rings and it is with a message about my niece- she is pregnant and due Jan 31- well they did an ultrasound today- since she is having some problems. They think the baby is way to little- the heart beat was strong and the baby looks ok. My niece is dilated to 2 already! They told her to avoid stress- well not sure how she can do that with her Grandpa dieing today!

I thought 2008 was going to be a better year- so far its not! I think I will not answer the phone anymore.

scrappinnuts
01-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Kim I am so sorry for all of your bad news...I will keep you in my prayers.

loobylou
01-09-2008, 10:01 PM
What a sad day Kim. You are in my thoughts. It will get better.

hbpuppy
01-09-2008, 10:10 PM
That sucks the bag Kim. Hopefully, everything with your BFF and niece will turn out okay.

teabear
01-09-2008, 10:15 PM
Oh, K, I'm so sorry. What a crummy day. I think you've had your share early this year. I hope that's the end of it. Sending hugs and chocolate cake.

Firecracker
01-09-2008, 10:33 PM
I am so sorry. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Heather

My3Ds
01-09-2008, 11:00 PM
Gosh Kim, when it rains it pours. Hugs coming your way.

ellie
01-09-2008, 11:32 PM
I'm sorry to hear all of this Kim - that's a lot of stuff to handle all at once. You and your family are in my prayers.

Nancy
01-10-2008, 08:20 AM
They say things come in threes, so you are finished for the year. I am sorry for all the stress you are having today. May the rest of the year be much better. - Nancy

Sherry
01-10-2008, 08:29 AM
Aww, Kim, I'm so sorry that your new year is a crummy one so far. Hopefully the rest of the year will bring you happiness and joy.

Sending hugs and best wishes your way.

GrammaStamper
01-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Kim, sending you hugs and good thoughts. If things come in three's, you're done!

flyingflower
01-10-2008, 09:46 AM
bad things come in 3's - so that is over
good things come in 7's - go ahead and answer the phone

sending hugs

toao
01-10-2008, 09:51 AM
wow. What a rough time you're having. Sending ((Hugs)) and prayers from Florida.

mary

Swanie78
01-10-2008, 10:09 AM
Wow Kim, thats a lot going on!
Sending you lots of hugs. :)
Keep us informed on your BFF and your neice!
Im sure what your BFF is saying is normal for someone facing that type of surgery. My uncle did the same things before he had his quadruple bipass. He stressed for 4 days making sure everything was in order incase he didnt make it (my grandma had the same surgery and didnt make it).
We also have LOTS of babies born completely healthy like your nieces. Its called IUGR (intrauterine growth retardation). The most common problems with it is just that the baby has a hard time or no desire to eat. It takes a lot of work to get them to eat, but they eventually get the hang of it :)

logcabincreations
01-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Oh Kim, here's a big hug. Too many things are hitting you at once with you not feeling well either. Sending up prayers for you right now.

ccstampin12
01-10-2008, 10:56 AM
So sorry to hear these things, Kim.
I agree with Margo that bad things come in 3's....so you should be all set for 2008 now. Good luck to your niece and her pregnancy.
HUGS
Joanie

mom_on_line
01-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Oh gosh! Sending hugs and prayers!

directmailscrapper
01-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Oh, Kim, I am so sorry for you and all of those important people in your life. Maybe this will be it -- when this month is over I hope the rest of your year is filled with happy times and bliss.

We'll all be thinking about you, my dear.

Nancy

threefriends91
01-10-2008, 12:17 PM
Oh Kim, l'm crying for you and your family. it brings back the pain l went through.. l will be praying for all of you.. Hugs my heart hurts for you.

Christie
01-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Kim I know things are going to get better. I will keep you in my thoughts.