PDA

View Full Version : How's the diet and exercise going, girls?

Vintagegal
01-14-2008, 07:24 AM
I didn't lose any weight last week, according to the scale. But, my clothes continue to feel looser. Maybe this week, the scale might move for me. I'm continuing to drink 84 - 100 oz of water, which is making me feel really good. I'm also continuing to eat sensibly. I've indulged in a couple of pieces of candy (Hershey's kisses) but no binging. DH has lost eight pounds since New Year's Day. He has seven more pounds to lose, and he's met his goal.

Share your update. How are you doing?

ccstampin12
01-14-2008, 07:38 AM
Good morning!
Well, I'm continuing to go to Curves and eat a low-carb diet.
Since the holidays I've been "playing around with" the same couple of pounds, but I am hoping that I can get my momentum back this week!
At Curves I joined the "Biggest Loser" contest...we'll be on teams and the leaders will advise us on losing and exercising. Maybe that will help...that starts today.
GOOD LUCK, Everybody!!!
HUGS {not of the chocolate variety! LOL}
Joanie

iloveflipflops
01-14-2008, 08:47 AM
Diet ? What diet?! LOL

I am doing ok in the eating dept. Actually I am doing better than ok. I am not having any ice cream at night when DH has his ice cream so that is a plus. I am just not walking at all. I need to get my butt in gear but I have every excuse in the book it seems. Each day its a new excuse. I gotta change that!!!

logcabincreations
01-14-2008, 08:48 AM
I'm being a lot more conscious about what I'm eating and trying to stay away from my favorite snack potato chips (unless fat free) and absolutely NO FAST FOOD. I'm still dancing a little bit...but I really need to get out and walk. I'm taking baby steps.

cecescraps
01-14-2008, 08:50 AM
I started WW last week and I'm on my way to the gym and then to the WW meeting so, I'll let you know how I did. Probably NOT so good- do you know that Krispy Kreme donuts are 6 pts. each??? LOL

laos348
01-14-2008, 08:56 AM
I've hit a plateau with the weight. I'm trying to get back on track with the eating because I'm doing good with the gym. I am doing a lot of weight training so I'm hoping that maybe the scale isn't budging because I'm adding more muscle!

Laura

moon_beam23
01-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Well I joined Curves on Friday, so I go today. I have gone once before but had to quit because I had injured my back. I'm excited to go again, because I really enjoyed it, plus this time I will have people to work with as some of my co-workers go too. The eating dept has not been so good, which for me being a diabetic is not good. I made a vow to myself to get back in shape and start eating right. Especially if I'm to be in my sister's wedding in July.

cecescraps
01-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Well, I'm back from the gym and WW meeting and I lost 1.2 pds. I was hoping for a little more but, it's a start anyway. :)

Hang in there everybody and thanks to all that help keep me accountable.

Cathi

TiikkiStars
01-14-2008, 02:33 PM
For me, today is the start of Week 2. I'm down 5 pounds. But, I think I'm actually down another pound or two thanks to a certain monthly calendar date that is coming up very soon. hmph! I was sheer exhausted last week (week one), so I wasn't up to or ready to add on excercise. This week, I want to start back at those fun crunches. And then Ill add from there. Its good to hear how everyone is doing!

:> Karen

moon_beam23
01-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Well back from the gym and I feel great!!! I'm so glad that I decided to go back.

Swanie78
01-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Im a loser (or not), I havent started yet :wacko:
Ive worked every night since Fri and still have 4 more to go, so I havent gotten to the store to buy better stuff. And now my car is in the shop so time has been limited.
Work has been crazy and Ive been the only one in my position (normally we have 2 HUCs), so I havent a chance to run the stairs like I had intended.
Next week it'll be double duty :wideeyed:

Kreative Dryve
01-14-2008, 11:14 PM
Today was my first day back at the gym.

Since my gallbladder was making me sick, and then having it removed I took sometime off from the gym. I went today after school.
I vary my work-outs:
Monday, Wednesday and Friday: Upper Body and Cardio
Tuesday, Thursday: Lower Body, Abs, and Cardio

I am down 2 more lbs, so that is 20 lbs total since October 2007.

~Marie

loobylou
01-15-2008, 05:04 AM
I'm not weighing myself, just judging by my clothes at the moment.
Haven't been great on the exercise. walked the dog last night for 30 mins,
dh informs me today that we may be going on tropical island holiday in 4 months- which means being seen in my bathers in public
aaaaargh! gotta get strict on myself:arghh:

logcabincreations
01-15-2008, 09:52 AM
I'm not weighing myself, just judging by my clothes at the moment.
aaaaargh! gotta get strict on myself:arghh:

Judging by the pants I have on today....they fit a little too snug....gotta work harder at this!