PDA

View Full Version : have you tried any new foods lately?

workin4stamps
12-01-2006, 12:40 PM
I have! And I am loving most of them. I just got done dipping carrots and cucumbers in Hommus for lunch. I have never had Hommus before, but it is YUMMY! Low points too. The kind I get has 1 point for like 1/3 of cup.

Sometime this weekend I am going to try turkey bratwurst. I love bratwurst, so I hope it's good!!!

I have been eating a lot of vegetarian burgers and sandwiches. Morningstar Farms Black Bean burgers are good. I also had a Boca Chik'n patty yesterday, it was pretty good.

I would love to hear about anything new that anyone has tried!!!!!

Traci

inkinupstamps
12-01-2006, 12:50 PM
Traci, my daughter is Vegetarian and she makes a mean black bean burger. I'm pretty sure I have her recipe if you'd like it.

workin4stamps
12-01-2006, 12:55 PM
Traci, my daughter is Vegetarian and she makes a mean black bean burger. I'm pretty sure I have her recipe if you'd like it.

oh sure!! Bring it on!!!

:-)
Traci

iloveflipflops
12-01-2006, 01:00 PM
What is hummus? I have never had it .... I am just eating the same old boring food. ha I need to eat some new foods.... low point foods that is...

inkinupstamps
12-01-2006, 01:00 PM
My favorite is a veggie burger. No soy, no tofu, no Boca burger--this one actually tastes great!

Veggie Burger
1 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed & drained
1 cup brown rice, cooked
2 Tbsp. tomato sauce
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
2 cloves garlic
2 cups bread crumbs
1 tsp salt
a few drops of hot sauce
1 Tbsp light olive oil

Combine beans, rice, tomato sauce, cumin, oregano, and garlic in food processor. Transfer to bowl, add salt, and hot sauce. Slowly mix bread crumbs into mixture with hands. Will make about 6-8 small patties. If mixture is too dry to mold, add small amounts of water until you get the right consistency. Cook with oil or on grill (only a few min. on the grill--dries out if left on too long). Serve with usual burger toppings.

workin4stamps
12-01-2006, 01:01 PM
Jennifer that looks so good!!!! I think I have everything at home to make it too!!! Thanks!

Traci

workin4stamps
12-01-2006, 01:05 PM
What is hummus? I have never had it .... I am just eating the same old boring food. ha I need to eat some new foods.... low point foods that is...

Sherri....Hommus is a mediterranean dip of sorts. It is good. I find it in my grocery store near the "weird cheeses" in a container. This is what is in it: chick peas, water, roasted red pepper, sesame tahini, fresh lemon, fresh garlic and sea salt.

It has 28 cal, 1 gram of fat, and 1 gram of fiber per 2 TBSP serving. You can also use it on sandwiches instead of mayo.

It is very yummy to dip veggies in!!!!!!!! you can also make it yourself --- probably cheaper!!! I pay $2.69 for an8 oz container.

Traci

inkinupstamps
12-01-2006, 01:05 PM
Some people buy it flavoured but I like it plain.

Another good vegetable "dip/spread" similar to hummus but made with eggplant is BABAGANUSH. Really good!!!:nod:

emmcee
12-01-2006, 01:07 PM
That doesn't sound too bad. :skeptical: Maybe I'll give it a try it this weekend for Paul and I. :grin:

Erin K
12-01-2006, 02:44 PM
I love hummus. Keep this list going! I love learning new low point foods. :) I can't think of anything offhand though...

there are some snack pack puddings that are only 1 point if you get a sweet tooth.