PDA

View Full Version : Sherri, this satellite radio that your DH got . . .

tojoco
12-01-2006, 02:00 PM
What is this all about? I do have sirius radio but this satellite "thingie" I've never heard of. Is this something that I could get for Corey for Christmas? Is it a subscription of some kind because I don't think I want to subscribe to anythying like this for him? Is it very very expensive?

iloveflipflops
12-01-2006, 02:31 PM
XM has different station line ups than sirius but they are almost the same. They are the same concept I mean. It was $199 on sale at Best Buy and we got it in a group pkg with my BIL so we pay something like $11 a month but no contract, We can cancel it at any time. Does this help?

workin4stamps
12-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Joanne----Sirius IS satellite radio. You probably got it free for a certain period of time with your new car.....but I think eventually you'll have to pay for it. We pay about $12 a month. I'm not 100% sure how it works when you get it with a new car....but I thought it was only for a limited period of time.

Traci

GrammaStamper
12-01-2006, 04:02 PM
I have Sirius radio, which was given to me for my birthday, and we purchased the 1 year subscription. I really like it, but have yet to have it installed in my car. DH says he can do it, but, like a wife with a plumber for a DH, there's still a lot of drips. My DH is an electronics guy and I'm still waiting for the car installation of the aerial.

iloveflipflops
12-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Ours is portable so we can take it in and out of the car. I loved playing with all the stations today. I listened to Dr. Oz on Oprah & Friends....

GrammaStamper
12-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Ours is portable so we can take it in and out of the car. I loved playing with all the stations today. I listened to Dr. Oz on Oprah & Friends....

I have it in my craft room right now and listen when I'm playing. But, it would be nice to get it into the car as well. For certain, before Sep and the Mall of America Scrapfest, it'll be installed. :confused: