PDA

View Full Version : Local Crop

kerry
01-20-2008, 06:27 PM
I've been invited to be a TAC vendor at a local 9am-9pm crop (will have approx 30-40 croppers). They will have all three big stamping direct sales companies represented. I will need to have some items for sale there. I have never done this before and wondered, can I open the paper packs and sell the paper per piece? Is that "legal"? I think at this crop, people will really want to have things on hand like paper, ribbons, embellishments, adhesives etc... So I think selling stuff in smaller quantities for on the spot work will do well...

I will also be doing some make and takes and a mini class they will pay a supply fee for. I'll have some stamp sets available for purchase as well as a "play" table... I was also asked to have a prize available for the crop so I will be giving away a stamp set, catalog and a mini album kit.

Please tell me what you think. Give suggestions, etc...

Kerry

mahodgman
01-20-2008, 06:36 PM
You should probably read your demo agreement. I don't think SU lets you sell stuff at parties like that. Of course, I haven't signed the agreement yet, so I don't know all the rules, but I remember reading that somewhere.

kerry
01-20-2008, 06:51 PM
I read through the whole thing and can't see anything about this...Nothing mentioned about this at all...

Kerry

mahodgman
01-20-2008, 06:54 PM
I read through the whole thing and can't see anything about this...Nothing mentioned about this at all...

Kerry

Wow, cool, then it is probably fine to do. I forgot to say whoo hoo, good for you, it sounds like a fun thing for you to do.

kerry
01-20-2008, 07:05 PM
Maybe I should call TAC to see what they say even if it isn't mentioned in the agreement.

Kerry

spredbirds
01-20-2008, 08:26 PM
Good luck Kerry ... I've done a few things like this ... it's very fun and if you can score new customers or a recruit it is well worth it!!!

I sold old GWPs for $1 and other sets that I had gotten for $5 and paper pads (like lap of luxury and fingerpaints) for $5 ...

Not sure if that helps ....

kerry
01-20-2008, 09:18 PM
That's a good idea for old GWP's...I have tons! I have some sets that are no longer in the catty that I can sell too...Selling for $5 is a good idea...

Thanks!
Kerry

flyingflower
01-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Wowie Zowie! Yeah for you!
Where/when is this shin-dig?

I have asked before about selling stuff vs creations and have been told that as long as its a "show" vs a "store" (ie, temporary set up) it is fine to sell.

Openning the packages is a perfect thing to do.

Have you thought about having clear blocks available? Do you have a bind it all machine that they could buy the wire from you & use the gizmo (the sizzix/big shot were a big hit that way)?

logcabincreations
01-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Sounds like a wonderful opportunity Kerry! I know my Creative Memories Consultant opens packs of paper to sell .50 each....she does this at our Crop Club at church.

IMBlessed5
01-22-2008, 10:25 AM
What a fantastic opportunity! I would definitely jump at the chance to do something like that!

I would also definitely open the package and sell the cardstock separately. I think it's "legal" (of course call TAC if you're still unsure) and I also think it would sell better that way at a crop. You could alway have info posted by each stack so they know which kit it came from/goes with.

I like the "GWP for $1" idea! Maybe even throw together some simple card kits. Those might do well at a crop too!

Good luck!

ChristyR
01-22-2008, 11:41 AM
awesome Kerry that is a fantastic opportunity for you, congrats and GOOD LUCK I can't wait to find out how it turns out for you.