PDA

View Full Version : How do I get to Shackalooza from here?

directmailscrapper
01-24-2008, 12:56 PM
I am going NUTS trying to find a flight from here to anywhere within a continent of the Potawatomi Inn in Angola, IN! According to their website, Chicago is a 3 hours drive, Detroit is 2-1/2 hours, Ft Wayne is 45 minutes (but doesn't fly anywhere near Baltimore or DC!), Indianapolis is 3 hours, Lansing is 1-1/2 hours, Toledo is 1-1/2 hours.

I can fly cheap into Chicago -- but not sure if I want to drive for 3-1/2 hours to get there! I'd have to leave after breakfast on Sunday to get back!!! No luck so far flying into Lansing or Toledo (unless I want to spend 5-1/2 hours in the air...)

I think I'm going to call a travel agent to see what they can come up with. I guess I'm spoiled here in Baltimore/DC because we have access to so many airports -- just not to Indiana, I guess!

Spartymom
01-24-2008, 01:44 PM
Why can't you fly into Lansing? That's odd. Lansing would be your best bet. You could fly into Grand Rapids, but that's a 2 + hour drive.You could check flights and if you fly into GR on friday (we could drive to IN), I could pick you up then return you on Sunday! It would save you a rental car too.

Spartymom
01-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Oh, check with Tracy-workingforstamps. She's in OH and that might be another option.

cecescraps
01-24-2008, 02:02 PM
I haven't looked into going as of yet but, if I do, you can fly into Chicago and I'll pick you up. You could stay over nite w/ us or whatever works and we could drive there and back together. Sounds like fun to me!! When is this thing???

tojoco
01-24-2008, 02:09 PM
Yeah when is this meetup. Maybe if I'm STILL not working I could fly up there too. Sounds like a lot of fun.

workin4stamps
01-24-2008, 02:09 PM
If you want to fly into Detroit or Toledo, I can pick you up/drop you off as long as we work out the schedule. I'd be happy to. Becky (inkisallover) will be riding there with me. Her and I live real close to each other.

Toledo is about 1/2 hour for me, and Detroit is about 1 hour. No biggie. Like I said, as long as we work out the schedule of your flights, I don't mind.

Traci

3darlings
01-24-2008, 03:15 PM
It will be fun!!! Toledo is a good option, I have not thought of that. Fort Wayne is the closest for sure though.

mydogstinks2
01-24-2008, 04:40 PM
I remember chelsey saying she could pick up people flying into Chicago. She lives right by there. Check with her too.