PDA

View Full Version : So Cal Girls Rubber Stamp Show Report

hbpuppy
01-26-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm back from the Heirloom Rubber Stamp Show in Riverside, CA. I met up with Tami (teabear) and Debbie (1of2shoes). We made several make and takes. Tami and I both one rubber bucks. That's where Tami and I stock the guy as he goes from booth to booth handing out gift certificates for "the first person to show me a postage stamp" or whatever. I wore argyle socks just in case and Tami and I filled our purses with strange objects (jik) like chopsticks. I won a $10 gift card for Stamps by Judith and Tami won a $20 gift card and catalog for Stampin Up! We both tried to help Debbie win things but the guy we stalked called out things none of us had (like a film camera.)

I bought a lot of stuff. Yikes! Some fun stuff includes: red sparkly embossing powder, grungeboard, lots of stamps, markers,tonic scissors,white sharpeeie,some metal embellishments, EZ mount, big tags, stickles and some big long spool things I'm going to use to wrap my ribbon around.

Oh, and I talked to a girl at the Sunday International booth and she told me that I can call in to order and just pick up my stuff at the warehouse (since it's 2 minutes from my house.) No shipping! And now the bad news: I went hoping to buy a stamp-a-majig and none of the vendors had one. I even asked the guy to make an announcement over the PA that there was a customer looking for a stampamajig. Nothing.:(

I'll probably take a picture of my loot tomorrow. I'm pretty exhausted now. We had fun.

hutchink
01-26-2008, 08:24 PM
YAHOOO it sounds like an awesome day! I can't wait to see all your loot!

iloveflipflops
01-26-2008, 08:25 PM
Gosh I have a stamp-ma-jig and i never ever use it.... Sounds like you got a ton of loot and had a lot of fun!!

IMBlessed5
01-26-2008, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the report! I'm going to the one in Indianapolis on March 1st. Any other Shackies going?

My3Ds
01-26-2008, 08:33 PM
Sounds like fun. We never have fun stuff like that here. What's a thing-a-ma-jig?

cindi
01-26-2008, 08:34 PM
that sounds like a blast!!
I can't wait to see your new goodies
:)

ccstampin12
01-26-2008, 09:39 PM
Hey! That sounds like a fun time!
Us East Coasters are planning to attend this stamp convention in June in Springfield, MA. Any other EAST COASTERS planning to attend this one?
Lesa, Vicky, Noreen and I met Patty there last year!
WHO will come to meet up this year???
Joanie

directmailscrapper
01-26-2008, 09:51 PM
JEALOUS! That's what I am. Sounds like you ladies had just TOO MUCH FUN! Glad you had a great time and sound like you found lots of great stuff.

Paula Carden
01-26-2008, 10:50 PM
Sounds like a good time was had by all. Glad you won some free stuff too.

threefriends91
01-26-2008, 10:53 PM
We don't have anything like this here..boo hoo.. l'm so glad you all got together and had a good time.. You got lots of great things..can't wait to see them.

tojoco
01-26-2008, 11:09 PM
Wow sounds like you all had a heck of a day. Can't wait to see all the loot you bought.

1of2shoes
01-27-2008, 12:23 AM
I'll take a pic of all my loot if you promise not to tell DH. :)

GrammaStamper
01-27-2008, 01:08 AM
Sounds like you all really enjoyed yourself. But then, it's easy when Shackies meet up together!

Far North
01-27-2008, 02:20 AM
Heather sounds like you had a ton of fun! Oh how special to shop with folks who know the kind of things you like and need!! M's carries stamp a jigs.

Debbie we won't tell 'cause we want to see!!!

Thanks for sharing about your adventure!....Jan

teabear
01-27-2008, 12:10 PM
It was a wonderful time, and I feel so bad now that Tonii wanted to go, but didn't have the info. Carson is coming up in a couple of months, maybe we can make it up to you Tonii.

I haven't taken the loot out of the bag, yet. I had so much fun with spending my $ from Christmas. I made 3 make and takes. I gave two of them to Mom last night at the hospital to brighten up her room. The other is a valentine for the kiddo. It was fun to meet up and catch up and visit and SHOP!

The spending was a little nuts, but so much fun. I have 6 more bottles of stickles, 2 bottles of crackle paint, a set of grungeboard, an enveloper and score thing and a video on how to use them, some EZ mount, some of that paintable prima paper, some of those HA pearls, a sharpie white paint pen, a set of stuff to make a bracelet, and a small pile of new stamps :)

The best part for me is that I get to make up the class I missed. One of the girls that works at the shop took both classes and will now teach a version of it. I also got to talk with MaryJo at the show and she demonstrated some of the techniques for me.