PDA

View Full Version : overwhelmed!

shuggy
12-02-2006, 11:56 PM
i have so much more to lose than anyone else! i'm scared to put my weight tracker. :worried:

workin4stamps
12-03-2006, 12:08 AM
oh no you don't!!!! I bet I've got you all beat!!!! (notice the LACK of my tracker!!! LOL)

:-)
Traci

stampcrazyjulie
12-03-2006, 12:10 AM
Angie, you don't have to do it if you don't want to! I did it because I need to start "getting real with myself" as Dr. Phil always says! :) Ideally I would like to lose more, but I also want to be realistic, so if I can lose 23 pounds I will be a very happy camper! :)

Erin K
12-03-2006, 12:13 AM
I'm not even considering putting a weight tracker! I can't deal with looking at the total. I like to see a bit of loss every week and that's enough for me. If I start figureing out that I want to loose 20 or whatever I would freak out. I'm happy loosing just 1 or 2 this week. I'll deal with next week later. :)

lost luggage
12-03-2006, 12:17 AM
I am not sure about the "weight number" anymore. I know I am down, I know I am happy buying this size of pants, but that Doc on Oprah says we should measure out waist size. Maybe I will track that...

I don't want to get caught up competing with unrealistic figures (which is what happens to me)...I am tall.

dgbearsmom
12-03-2006, 01:24 AM
I am willing to bet that you don't have nearly as much to lose as I do. I have been trying to avoid the whole thing.

I agree with Julie on being realistic. The weight I am most comfortable at is actually higher than what "they" say it should be. I like to go by how I feel, my clothing size and how my clothes fit. Not a number on the scale.

Judy

LinzyD
12-03-2006, 01:31 AM
At first I wasn't going to do it but then I wanted to because I wanted to be held accountable...
I'll post the story that made all the difference in the world for me and so far has helped me out SOOO much.
Linzy

LinzyD
12-03-2006, 01:42 AM
It's called "Confessions of a Reformed Dieter" by AJ Rochester. It is a diary that she kept as she was loosing weight. It's funny b/c (for one thing she's a funny girl) it is so real! She talks about sneaking food and stuff and I have to grin b/c I've done some of the same things as her! I have the book if anyone would like to borrow it, I could send it to you...we could have it be the Slimming Stamp Sistas traveling book or something. It is really good and it is also encouraging to read a WL book that isn't all sunshine and roses and actually shows how much she struggled with (but overcame!) her weight issues.
Linzy

shuggy
12-03-2006, 02:11 AM
linzy, that's a great idea!! we could add a sort of journal thing in it for inspiration/support kind of thing and everyone who gets it adds something!! we can send it around the group!!!!

iloveflipflops
12-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Do not be overwhelmed. Its going to be hard but it will take some time. I think its better to start now BEFORE the holidays as i just have to get a grip of what i am eating now and not eat all the crap i usually eat over the holidays. Does this make any sense? I am tired from driving from GA. ha ha

scrappinnuts
12-03-2006, 04:35 PM
It was hard to put the weight tracker on but once I did it I can look at it and know that I really need to get serious about losing it...so this is a way to keep me on track...you all are great support..first time I have went public with my weight..

ccstampin'
12-03-2006, 05:11 PM
:wub: I'll gladly converse about weight loss and being overwhelmed, but I will not be posting my "true weight!" Unh, unh! No, sir, not me!
:biglaugh: LOL
Even though I'm down approximately 50 pounds from 4 years ago, I just can't put the true numbers out there!

:nod: You can be sure I have about 30 to go, and it took me over 4 years to lose 50!
:wideeyed:
It is an undertaking and a committment.
I'm not doing so well right now. Just cannot stop eating the wrong things, and nothing I do stops me from doing it anyway. I need an attitude adjustment, and I need it soon!
I'll get back on track...I'm not worried about that, but I just hope I don't gain a bunch before I do!
TATA
HUGS

lisaguyon
12-04-2006, 02:34 PM
I bet I have the most to go. When I started WW in July I laughed at their "goal" for me. But it is reachable. I have 129 more pounds to go so I am a long way off but it is neat to see the number move. lisa

MidwestStamper
12-04-2006, 02:41 PM
I don't feel comfortable putting my weight down either, so I'm not going to. I know that when I started my weight loss "journey" two years ago, I had about 100 lbs. to lose. It's great to see the weight go off, but I still have a ways to go!

moosemama
12-04-2006, 02:45 PM
I'm just too short for my weight! I hate doing the scales thing-my husband says it must be frustrating to not know if I am losing/gaining....I say it's just a number! I don't count my stamps either!
Fern moosemama

moosemama
12-04-2006, 02:46 PM
:chatterbox: I'm just too short for my weight! I hate doing the scales thing-my husband says it must be frustrating to not know if I am losing/gaining....I say it's just a number! I don't count my stamps either!
Fern moosemama

mydogstinks2
12-04-2006, 02:50 PM
It is totally ok to be overwhelmed and scared! I understand, Believe me. When you feel like it you can always add it later!