PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Your opinion on chipboard

iloveflipflops
01-30-2008, 05:51 AM
Just wondering what you think about chipboard

scrapsoon
01-30-2008, 05:58 AM
I really love it.
To make little albums or use it for paisleys.
Punctuations are great for it to.
You can also make a box from it or a scrapbook like you buy it the stores.
Unfortunatly i don't use them that often,but i have always to big sheets of it in my room

tesschap
01-30-2008, 07:16 AM
I'm just starting to use it a bit and so far I love it :) Are you working on a chipboard project?

jazzypurple853
01-30-2008, 09:35 AM
I've used chipboard for a lot of mongramming projects. I've embossed the chipboard.

workin4stamps
01-30-2008, 09:50 AM
I like to use it with my different dies that I have and cover it with patterned paper. I also like to use it to make my own "base" pages for little mini albums or what not. I don't think what I use it technically "chipboard", but I keep all the heavy cardboard sheets that come in my packs of patterned paper. SU gives white ones, and I have others that are the brownish color from different stuff. I have a whole stash of that, and that is what I use for my "chipboard".

:-)
Traci

Erin K
01-30-2008, 09:58 AM
I love it.

What I hate is Tim HOltz's Grungeboard. I bought a whole stupid pack of it for twenty dollars and I hate it with all my crafting being. I want to throw it away but it was twenty dollars. :(

threefriends91
01-30-2008, 10:04 AM
l have never used it, l have seen some cute things with it. But l'm not sure if l'll use it on cards.. other things like boxs, bags and so on.. l think it looks great on them.

cecescraps
01-30-2008, 10:05 AM
I love it.

What I hate is Tim HOltz's Grungeboard. I bought a whole stupid pack of it for twenty dollars and I hate it with all my crafting being. I want to throw it away but it was twenty dollars. :(

Erin, why do you hate the Grungeboard?? I haven't bought any yet (shocking I know!) so, just wondering why you hate it so much!?!

Inkisallover
01-30-2008, 10:58 AM
I love chipboard. I have made tons of little albums and Christmas ornaments out of some round coasters. I have my own "secret" supplier. My friend owns a drive-thru in town and he gets me coasters from the beer and wine suppliers. I have round ones, square ones, hexagon, and ovals. I haven't tried them in the Cuttlebug, yet.

GrammaStamper
01-30-2008, 11:16 AM
I have a love/hate relationship with chipboard. I love it, own it, but can never, ever get it to look good when I cover it with patterned paper. I even bought the darn special tools to use when covering chipboard. It makes me crazy.

Jovi
01-30-2008, 11:32 AM
I have a love/hate relationship with chipboard. I love it, own it, but can never, ever get it to look good when I cover it with patterned paper. I even bought the darn special tools to use when covering chipboard. It makes me crazy.

I have to same problem.

I only try to use chipboard that has straight edges (photo corners and such). I don't like the way it looks when I try to distress the edges on round areas.

cindi
01-30-2008, 11:33 AM
I use it for mini albums, some on mt scrappin pages and even on my cards! I recycle all decent weight card board and use it up! I was just thinking of making some chipboard hearts today for some valentines cards!
what do you think of it??
:)

oh & Erin..why not sell the grungeboard??

My3Ds
01-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Erin - what is it that you don't like about the grungeboard? How is it different from chipboard? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

moon_beam23
01-30-2008, 11:47 AM
I love it. I'm currently making boxes for my Valentines out of the chipboard coasters that I got!

ellie
01-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Erin, inquiring minds want to know! I have some but haven't tried to use it yet. I wanna know what I'm in for.
I llike to use the regular chipboard but mostly for scrapbooking.

TiikkiStars
01-30-2008, 02:05 PM
I LOVE chipboard and use it all the time....albeit mostly for scrapbooking. Barb, I have trouble covering it with paper too.....circles are fine, but anything with multiple angles and I have problems. I usually end up painting it! Paint it, edge it with some metallic rubon, use glitter or stickles on top, or use it as a base to mount Cricut cut letters, etc.

Erin, why oh why do you not like grungeboard???? I love that too! I haven't used very much yet, but so far, I think its great! You can also cut that with the Cricut Expressions (the blank sheets), not sure about the little bug (which is what I have.....haven't played yet). Also, $20???!!!!??!!! Wow! That's a lot of money for grungeboard! I think the most I've paid is $10.99 for the pack. I've also paid less when I've had a discount. I have three or four packs now.

:> Karen

Firecracker
01-30-2008, 03:37 PM
I love chipboard. I don't use it much but when I do I like how it looks on projects. Hugs, Heather

Far North
01-30-2008, 05:52 PM
I bought some basic grey chipboard on-line and was so disappointed at how large it is -too chuncky and clunky in MHO for cards. I much perfer making my own with the cuttlebug dies. I LOVE using the Ranger dabbers for adding paint to the chipboard.

Erin I too am waiting to hear your grungeboard review. Did you use ideas from Tim Hotz's U-tube presentation...or his tag tutorials? I hear it smells like leather--is that just when you open the package or does it say with it? I have some on order-sure hope I don't dislike it too much. thanks for sharing!

workin4stamps
01-30-2008, 06:34 PM
Maybe the reason I like my generic chipboard (should I call it white trash chipboard? LOL) is because it's not super thick. It's relatively thin, so it doesn't make the card too bulky.

I also have NEVER tried to cover a chipboard pre-cut shape with my own paper. I think that would be a nightmare. When I use my die cut machine to cut my own shapes, then I cut another shape with the pp I want to use. Then it fits on there perfectly, and looks great.

Don't know if that will help anyone or not, but just thought I'd share.

Traci

cindi
01-30-2008, 06:58 PM
with paper or card stock, I like to glue the paper on first, then cut my shape out..makes it so easy. Like the hearts on the card I posted in the gallery a little bit ago.

teabear
01-30-2008, 07:42 PM
LOL...this is a fun thread to read. I do like chipboard and have used it with paint and distress embossing powder and ink. I haven't even bothered with patterned paper, it seems too hard. Just bought some grungeboard over the weekend, but haven't played with it yet.

stampcrazyjulie
01-30-2008, 10:45 PM
I so love chipboard! I have been using my stash of coasters & running them through my Cuttlebug & also cutting out PP & applying it directly to the top. I always buy naked/blank chipboard at the LSS when it's on sale...too much fun! :)

Julie

MerryMimi
01-31-2008, 03:34 PM
I too love my chipboard. Use it on just about anything. I've found that the cheaper glue stick works the best for adhering paper to it. I cut around the odd shapes with an Xacto knife, especially scalloped edges. I sand them with the BG sander tools. I use all weights too and the CB cuts them well. I couldn't get my coasters to cut in it tho....very disappointing cause I have lots of them now. The Spirelli card that I made in the gallery has a paisley chipboard die cut. Haven't tried the grungeboard-yet.

Kreative Dryve
01-31-2008, 06:11 PM
I use it more on my scrap pages than cards, but love it just the same for both.
I found some "pogs" (do you remember these?) at a thrift store, they are all circles about 2" diameter, and I cover them. I paid about 2.00 for about 100 of them. gotta love a bargain!
~Marie

scrappinnuts
02-03-2008, 03:46 AM
I like Chipboard...but kinda don't know what to do with it...have a ton of it...the Gruenge Board I just bought tonight...and I learned a tech using it with the disressing powder...I love the feel of it after you use the distressing powder....can't wait to try it again.

OhioSarah
02-03-2008, 07:03 PM
I choose love it but I wish I knew more things to do with it.

manicstamper
02-03-2008, 11:55 PM
I'm in the 'love it' camp.
I make book covers for use in my BIA, cover it, paint it, stamp it, die cut it, ink it and I use little offcuts as disposable glue spreaders.

I've not tried Grungeboard yet. Probably because I still have a drawer full of the last must have.....Stampbord....which needs using up before I buy anything else.....lol!!!

Sheila

Christie
02-06-2008, 03:46 PM
I like it. I have some that Igot pretty cheap at a scrapbook expo. Comes in handy when your working from scratch!

Suzanne
02-19-2008, 05:35 PM
I love it when I see other peoples creations with it, but I cannot seem to get it to work well for me.

lakeslady
02-19-2008, 10:23 PM
I like it too, but I have to admit to never having covered any with paper. Bought some pre coloured alphabet letters that I have used for making named cards for our little ones, and I like the hearts and flowers.