PDA

View Full Version : Nice. I think Im getting jipped by another SU demo

Swanie78
02-07-2008, 05:10 PM
I have a co-worker that was looking for a particular stamp and I found her the set by posting on the demo boards at SU!
Everyone else that emailed me wanted $25-$30 plus shipping for this set. The lady I sent a MO to wanted $17 plus shipping. I think it was $21.
I sent it within 3 days of telling her I wanted the set. Never heard back.
It's now been 2 weeks.
I emailed her this morning to find out whats up and she emailed me back saying "sorry, due to job commitments and a lot of snow I havent gotten to the post office. I plan on going on Saturday." Dude, we all have job commitments and weather problems!
Geez. I wouldnt be all that upset if she just emailed me after a few days and said "hey, I havent gotten it out yet....." but she just leaves me hanging.
I guess I shouldnt think that just because shes a fellow demo that she's honest. If she doesnt follow thru, then I'm out the money because I told my co-worker that Id just get the money from her when I got the set :arghh:
If she does flake, Im contacting SU to let them know.

ETA: since I paid with a MO, I have some recorse right? I seem to remember someone saying that she can get charged with mail fraud or something if they can trace the MO back to her receiving it without sending the product. Anyone know?

workin4stamps
02-07-2008, 05:18 PM
yikes! I don't know about the postal rules with money orders, etc. But good luck to you. Hopefully she will follow through.

Traci

scrapsoon
02-07-2008, 05:45 PM
Ohw gosh how sad this is.
Anyway i know that if you don't get the order and you did have payed here you can make a note to the police of it.
In you case that won't help you much out,but if she did this to much more persons and they also went to the police the will investigate it and eventuelly she will be picked up.
Don't know where you meet her,but in the Netherlands there are a lot of salesites.
Just like Ebay,and there you can leave a comment behind as well but also to the euh..sorry don't know how to call them.
But think of Sherri ownes this site and Ebay haves a spot of it to to tell those people that they didn't get what they've ordered.
pfff...hope you understand this all.
And ohw yes don't know what a money order is,but maybe you could ask to turn it back??

stampinmom3
02-07-2008, 07:30 PM
That does stink. I see on the CTMH consultant boards frequently about consultants flaking out on deals. That is terrible. I just always expect everyone to be honest because I am ya know?

Vintagegal
02-07-2008, 09:15 PM
I know that if you bought a money order from the Post Office it can be mail fraud. I'd start printing out your correspondence with this person, including the dates of when you and she had written.

flyingflower
02-08-2008, 08:20 AM
I'm hoping that she is just a disorganized, over-committed person as opposed to an outright thief & liar.

tesschap
02-08-2008, 08:51 AM
I would contact the MO company first to see how long it will take you to find out if your money order has cleared. Once you know it's cleared I would send her a message tellling her that your because you paid via money order and have confirmation that she cashed it she can be arrested for mail fraud. Hopefully she'll send you the stamp set or a refund.

Good luck.

cecescraps
02-08-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm w/ Margo~ Hopefully she'll come through!

logcabincreations
02-08-2008, 11:26 AM
I hope you get it soon.

patg
02-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Oh boy Kelly. I don't know what to say. Good luck in trying to track this down. Pat