PDA

View Full Version : I need your good thoughts and wishes.

inkinupstamps
02-09-2008, 12:21 PM
:jiggy: Some of you already know this, but I have been taking conformation classes with my Newfoundland dog Gabe. NO! Not confirmation - as in religious classes, but conformation, as in learning to show Gabe in the dog show ring.:cute:

Well, Gabe and I as his handler, have registered for our first show and it is next Saturday, February 16th. I know! I must be nuts, but I'm excited too. Gabe is entered in the 6 - 9 month old puppy class in the Working Group.

Oh my goodness, gracious sakes alive, am I ever nervous! He couldn't care less. It is a chance for him to socialize with other people and pups so he is happy.

PLEASE, if you can spare a moment or two, next Saturday around noon Eastern Time, say a prayer that Gabe doesn't lay down in the middle of the ring on his back a splay his legs. :wacko: Not a good look though the last time he did that the judge laughed. (The judges are very serious people generally, but she tried to hold back the laughter and then just said that "at least I know he is "in tact" - if you know what I mean!

Also, pray that I don't fall down or have a heart attack as I run around the ring. I tell you what! Every week after class I am so tired for jogging that I take a nap as soon as I get home.
Oh...and the Westminster dog show is this Monday and Tuesday night if you are interested in watching your favorite dog breed being shown in the U.S.'s dogshow of shows.

Please dear Lord...just don't let me fall down! Now...any suggestions what I should wear? :)

jazzypurple853
02-09-2008, 12:27 PM
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck with the endeavor.

tojoco
Oh this sounds very exciting. Good luck to you and Gabe. Is there somewhere we can watch you and Gabe? I love watching the dog shows.

Tantalize
OH Jennifer!! Im so excited for you and will be thinking of you next Saturday. All the best to you and Gabe!

inkinupstamps
02-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Oh this sounds very exciting. Good luck to you and Gabe. Is there somewhere we can watch you and Gabe? I love watching the dog shows.

Ha ha ha haa! You don't want to watch me and Gabe. It would be a comedy! And this is just a local Ottawa Kennel Club show so it won't be taped, though Paul says he will take photos.

BUT, if you want to watch a great dog show, tune in Monday and Tuesday nights (the 11th and 12th) on the USA network for the Westminster Dog Show. I can check the schedule to tell you when the beagles will be shown if you like.

GrammaStamper
02-09-2008, 12:34 PM
Jennifer, that's great news. I'm so excited and I will try to remember to think about next Saturday around noon. I say try, because I'll be high on drugs, if you know what I mean, but I'm sure you and Gabe will do just fine.

As to what you should wear, try a mini-skirt and high-heels to keep the judges looking at you and Gabe can do whatever! Just kidding, something comfortable like good running shoes and loose fitting slacks, with a jacket. That's what those ladies at the dog shows I've seen are wearing. No evening dresses, you're not 'matronly' enough for those! Good Luck to you and Gabe.

My3Ds
02-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Jennifer - you will be wonderful (both of you). I saw a pretty black Newfie on the CBS Morning Show this morning. they were in NY getting ready for the Westminster. I thought of you and 'Bella immediately. We'll all be watching you there in a few years!. Good luck.

ellie
02-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Jenniefer...my thoughts and prayers will be with both of you! That is very exciting! As far as something to wear...probably something that won't show dog hair and doesn't get wrinkly--you can get ideas while you watch the dog show!

tojoco
02-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Ha ha ha haa! You don't want to watch me and Gabe. It would be a comedy! And this is just a local Ottawa Kennel Club show so it won't be taped, though Paul says he will take photos.

BUT, if you want to watch a great dog show, tune in Monday and Tuesday nights (the 11th and 12th) on the USA network for the Westminster Dog Show. I can check the schedule to tell you when the beagles will be shown if you like.

Thanks for the offer, Jennifer, but I will probably tape the whole thing and watch it at leisure so I'll be sure to see the beagles and ALL the doggies.

iloveflipflops
02-09-2008, 01:02 PM
How exciting is this!! I bet he will just do great. I can see it now!!!! Make sure and take photos of his first of many wins to come :). let us know asap...

tesschap
02-09-2008, 01:46 PM
Good luck. I will keep you and Gabe in my thoughts and prayers. Do let us know how you do.

workin4stamps
02-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Good Luck Jennifer!! I'm not sure I have any suggestions on what you should wear, other than comfortable shoes!!

:-)
Traci

1of2shoes
02-09-2008, 02:50 PM
I think you and Gabe will be fine. They know the breed and that they are puppies, so I'm sure they expect something silly will happen.

As to what you should wear - I think something with a plunging neckline. At least if they don't give you 100 points for the dog you can get something for cleavage.

Sherry
02-09-2008, 04:01 PM
I know you and Gabe are gonna be fantastic, Jennifer. I wish I could watch you both!

Good luck, Gabe!

dreis1
02-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Jennifer, you should have Paul video tape it, then put in on here for us to see. I am sure both of you will do fine. We are anxious to hear how you do. Glinda

toao
02-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Well how cool is that!? You go Jennifer. Wear dress slacks and comfortable shoes dear. Best wishes to you both....and we LOVE watching the Westminster Dog show. Maybe one day we'll see YOU and GABE on there. Wooohoooo.

Mary

cindi
02-09-2008, 07:36 PM
I'll send up a prayer for both of you to do super!
as tp what to wear...good comfy shoes, nice slacks, and a great supportive bra.you don't want your "girls" to be bouncing in your way!
oh, and I agree with Deborah..cleavage can't hurt!
Good luck to you nad Gabe
:)

Trapedinga
02-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Oh Jennifer, I had tears from laughing so hard picturing Gabe rolling all over the ring, with you standing there in horror. :cry2: I wish you two the best and will think about you on Saturday.

As to what to wear I would say slacks and flats(so you don't stumble) this way you're comfortable. Or you could go the other extreme and wear all red and 6 inch heels and a BIG RED HAT.:biglaugh: That way the judges are looking at you and not Gabe.

Good Luck

donna

ccstampin12
02-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Best of luck to you and Gabe!
I have no advice, but lots of hugs and good wishes!
HUGS and GOOD WISHES!!!
LOL
Joanie

teabear
02-11-2008, 07:02 AM
How very exciting. I'm sending good wishes for a fantastic debut for Gabe. Wear black slacks and shoes and a fabulous black and white blouse so you will match :)

patg
02-11-2008, 11:21 AM
How exciting! All the best to you and Gabe! Have fun. pat