PDA

View Full Version : New coloring tutorial uploaded

1of2shoes
02-10-2008, 12:36 AM
I uploaded a 2 minute tutorial on blending with Prismacolor pencils. Please take a look and let me know how you like it. Please be honest. I can take it. :)

Go into Shack Inspiration and then to tutorials and you'll see it in Colored Pencils.

If you think it would be helpful, I can do more videos.

buggainok
02-10-2008, 12:45 AM
Debbie, I just watched your tutorial, and I think you did a great job with it. Your instructions were very clear and your method creates a lovely image.

I especially like that you just use the pencils and blend the different colors, without another medium.

Thanks for making the video. You have re-inspired me to get out my Prismas. I have been neglecting to use them lately.

midnitecreations
02-10-2008, 01:16 AM
Terrific video. I don't use coloring pencils much, but this sure made it look easy!

threefriends91
02-10-2008, 04:48 AM
Debbie, You did a great job, l have only started to color with pencils.. l would love to see more. Thanks

iloveflipflops
02-10-2008, 06:33 AM
I need all the help I can get so please submit more tutorials. This one was great!! Thanks so much!!

dreis1
02-10-2008, 06:51 AM
Yes Debbie, please do more tutorials. Your coloring is always the best. We want to learn more from you. Glinda

Sherry
02-10-2008, 07:54 AM
Thank you so much for your fantastic tutorial! You did a terrific job!

I was beginning to think I wasted money on this software.

I could hug ya, Debbie! :D

loobylou
02-10-2008, 08:02 AM
Great tutorial Debbie
It looked like your pencils go on a bit creamier than mine do, I need LOTS of practice, but you made it look simple,
I'd like to see some more on colouring flowers, maybe a bit about light and shade (I admit I am clueless in knowing where the shading should be). You demonstrate really clearly.
oh I loved hearing you voice too!

Spartymom
02-10-2008, 08:15 AM
I just watched the tutorial. Very helpful. I will try to color in a circular motion, like you did. I liked howyou did'nt use anything but pencils to blend.

Fief14
02-10-2008, 08:46 AM
Nice job with the tutorial! I'd love to see more of these!

hutchink
02-10-2008, 08:47 AM
Wonderful tutorial! I love it!

GrammaStamper
02-10-2008, 09:34 AM
That's great, Debbie. Yes, please, more videos. I'm going to grab my pencils again and try this technique. Thanks so much.

ccstampin12
02-10-2008, 09:36 AM
This is wonderful!
I've never seen this demonstrated before! Great job!
WE NEED MORE!!!!
Joanie

lakeslady
02-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Great tutorial Debbie, nice clear and precise.

You demonstrated just like I do, although if colouring softer tones I like to lay down a layer of cream first. This works well particually with flowers where many shades of the same colour are used.

Unfortunately I dont have a video camera, or else I would be happy to help in any way I could too

Fief14
02-10-2008, 11:41 AM
So, your tutorial today has taught me how to blend prisma pencils without gamsol...I have been coloring ever since I watched it--just wait till you see my images! I think they look pretty good for a few first-try practice shots! I'll try to get pics of them uploaded later today so you can let me know how they look. Thanks again for posting this tutuorial. It's like I have a new set of pencils again & I didn't even have to spend a cent!

Thanks!!!!!

cindi
02-10-2008, 12:09 PM
man, did I ever need that!!!!
thank you soo much..you rock!:notworthy:
I would love to see more of your coloring tutorials..but for now, I'm off to practice this one!
:196:

tojoco
02-10-2008, 01:18 PM
Great tutorial. I would love to see more. What a great learning device we have here. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

phleb
02-10-2008, 02:03 PM
I am new to this site. I saw your post about a coloring tutorial and followed the directions but I am denied access to this. What do I have to do to gain access? Frustrated with prismas Please email me some inf thanks

cindi
02-10-2008, 02:14 PM
I am new to this site. I saw your post about a coloring tutorial and followed the directions but I am denied access to this. What do I have to do to gain access? Frustrated with prismas Please email me some inf thanks

member to access the tutorials. You can read about the shack plus membership at the top of the main page under shack plus. I hope this helps
:)

Oh,,and welcome to the stamp shack!!
:welcome:

phleb
02-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Okay I found this, now Ihave to become a shack plus. I will go read about this. Thanks

Christie
02-11-2008, 01:06 PM
You made that look so easy! I hope you post some more soon. I would love to see another one done with a larger image and where you use more colors. Thanks for posting!!!!

Jovi
02-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Great tutorial Debbie!
Thank you.
I'm looking forward to seeing more :cute:

1of2shoes
02-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Thanks, everyone. I am planning on doing a few more. Some of the ones I'm planning are:

* how to read the color wheel in a way that makes sense
* choosing colors that go together for flowers, animals, etc.
* choosing, sharpening and storing Prismas (there ARE right and wrong ways)
* Perfect Pearls vs Pearl Ex. Anybody want a tutorial on that?
* How about the Bind-it-All? We all ok with that now or do we need more?

Any other suggestions?

cindi
02-11-2008, 05:20 PM
I don't have my bind it all yet..But I am getting one and would love a tutorail on it!
and I'm having a ball with my prismas now..and they were just collecting dust!
thank you

1of2shoes
02-11-2008, 06:06 PM
You are welcome, Cindi. I hope you share some of your new creations done with your pencils. I know I want to see them. ;)

cindi
02-11-2008, 06:14 PM
You are welcome, Cindi. I hope you share some of your new creations done with your pencils. I know I want to see them. ;)

but be easy on me! lol
there are a couple in the gallery now

inkinupstamps
02-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Debbie, your video was so well done! You really presented the explanation clearly, succinct, and you have very pretty hands and a lovely voice for this. I'm looking forward to more!

Tantalize
02-11-2008, 09:54 PM
..... *says in a zombie like state*

MUST HAVE moreeee, moreeeeeeeeeeeee tutorials!!!!

Debbie, how the heck do you manage to make it look so easy? :P

patg
02-12-2008, 01:11 AM
looks great! Pat

Suzanne
02-12-2008, 11:42 AM
Good job with that tutorial! You make it look so easy.

Suzanne
02-12-2008, 11:44 AM
* Perfect Pearls vs Pearl Ex. Anybody want a tutorial on that?

Any other suggestions?

I want one on this. I just bought some of this and have no clue what to do with it.