PDA

View Full Version : AI Ornaments - HELP!

inkinupstamps
12-05-2006, 07:39 AM
I come before you crafty ladies on bended arthritic knees begging for help!

I got up early this morning and got my first chores done so I could experiment with my alcohol inks and ornaments. I just completed my first one.

It is bohiney ugly!:mad: Seriously! It doesn't look like yours!

While the ball is covered and I did tap, tap, tap to apply the ink, mine is more of a transluscent colour, where yours appear more opaque. The first time I tapped the ink didn't even "take" to the ball (I was trying an old piece of flannel on my block instead of felt. Obviously flannel isn't a substitute)

Can anyone tell me what yours look like IRL?:confused:

mahodgman
12-05-2006, 08:31 AM
Mine are translucent. Jan puts watered-down glue and glitter inside of hers. Post a pic, and let me see! I hated the first ones I made, and I fussed with them all day. This last batch took very little time and dried very quickly.

flyingflower
12-05-2006, 09:02 AM
I personally like the opaque look on the globe ornaments, so I do them that way. I got some flat glass ornaments at ACM that I want to try with the translucent look.

flyingflower
12-05-2006, 09:04 AM
I personally like the opaque look on the globe ornaments, so I do them that way. I got some flat glass ornaments at ACM that I want to try with the translucent look.

Oh, and if its really muddy looking (like some of my early attempts - LOL), put a small amount of a single, different if possible, color on you applicator and tap lightly over the ornament. I found it will blend & diffuse the muddiness.